Prefetch Content

Discussion in 'General Muse' started by Lance Evans, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Lance Evans

Lance Evans Well-Known Member

Hi folks,

I'm looking for advice. This should not be hard, yet I can't find any solutions after a couple of days due diligence searching online.

I have a website who's home page is a bit on the heavy site with images. For a variety of reasons, I decided to make a landing page come before the actual homepage.

(FWIW, the reasons are that I think the semi-heavy content on the homepage may be chasing some potential viewers away. Whereas the landing page is light and to the point. I'm hoping it entices the visitor to dive into the homepage.)

So the landing page is very light, and what I would like to do is simply do a bit of preloading/prefetching of some of the largest images from the homepage, while on the landing page.

I had thought one of the MT preloader widgets might do that, but no. The other two thoughts are either do it with html code dropped in.

And the other, and easier thought: Simply place a couple of the images from the homepage onto the landing page, but hidden behind. My concerns with this last approach is that if I scale the images at all, Muse may raster it and create a new file. Thus it would not serve as a preloader for the now different file on the home page. Another concern is if I'm missing something and this just won't work.

Any suggestions?

Best,
    Lance