Possible to Hide Suggested YouTube Videos After Video?

Discussion in 'SHOW Responsive Video Suite' started by Twisk, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Twisk

Twisk Member

I'm using the Media Pro Gallery widget to insert 14 YouTube videos onto a page.

After clicking one of the thumbnails, the video plays in a light box as expected. When the video ends, large thumbnails appear from YouTube suggesting other videos to watch.

Is there any way to turn these off?

I have unchecked 'Show suggested videos when the video finishes' for each video within YouTube but the suggested video thumbnails still appear when using the Media Pro Gallery widget.

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Twisk, there is a way to do this with single videos using the Video Player, but (and I don't know why, maybe a coding issue) with the Video Gallery it doesn't work.
    I will see if I can find an answer (not sure how long it might be though).
    In the Video Player part, you can just add this....... ?rel=0 to the end of the videos ID that you place in the widget controller.
    I tried it with the Gallery, with no luck.
    Dj

3. Twisk

Twisk Member

Thank you! And also, I apologize, I meant to post this in the 'Media Pro Gallery widget'.

I just tried using the SHOW Video Suite gallery widget but I'm getting the same thing (suggested thumbnails showing up at the end of each video).

I'd like to try adding '?rel=0' to the ends of my URLs within the Media Pro Gallery widget just to see (if it works I'll report back). :)

EDIT: that didn't work, I figured it wouldn't but thought I'd give it a try.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
  4. Dan Simrell

Dan Simrell New Member

I could really use help on this too. SHOW full screen background video widget is showing "up next" suggestions. Driving me and my client crazy. They don't want to see the thumbnail videos at the bottom. See attached screen shot. HELP!

Attached Files:

5. Jeremei

Jeremei Well-Known Member

Dan!
    If you have "SHOW - Responsive Video Suite" widget version 1.3 in use and if you use as video source Youtube (SHOW - Background Videos) so the widget is not showing next video suggestions at the end of the video. I tested your client´s site (Home page) in Firefox, Chrome and Safari and also in Youtube your client´s video did not show any next video suggestions.

6. spyder

spyder Well-Known Member

I am also seeing the 'suggested videos' after the background video has played using 'Show - video suite v1.3'. Sometimes the suggested videos show, sometimes they don't, but it looks pretty bad when it does. I have a temporary page up at http://allbymyselfie.me/spyderbaby/trim/index.html. If anyone has a way of getting rid of those suggested videos it would be great. Thx.

7. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

spyder, I've looked in Chrome, FireFox, and IE (on a PC) and do not see the behavior.
    A back ground video is designed to loop, so showing what you describe isn't normal.
    I have to ask that you place a support ticket (resources>contact us) and let the team look at your file.
    If you can, please post your results back here for other to see.
    Thank you in advance.
    Dj