Solved Pop-up Pro State button not displaying correctly

Discussion in 'All Other Widgets' started by Skline, Dec 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skline

Skline Member

I am trying to use the Pop-up Pro widget, and when I publish, the State button (the pop up window) displays with the text to the right of the background, and when dismissed, it disappears, then reappears at the top left of the browser window, still with the text to the right, instead of on top of the background.

Am I doing something wrong here?

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Skine, could you possibly post a few screen shots, showing you set up within Muse and in Browser (or a URL).
    Also, your Muse version, widget version ect., these things will help us see what up a bit easier.
    Thanks
    Dj

3. Skline

Skline Member

Sure, heres a couple screenshots. I've played a lot with the settings, and they don't seem to have an effect on the problem. Though the text will displace in different directions, according to the direction that the Transition Type is set too (yesterday it was to the right, today it's below).
    The final image here is the state it moves to after closing the box. It does disappear, but then reappears in the top left, still with the elements disassociated from each other.
    I am using a state button, and not grouped elements, as the video instructs. They are set to not resize, and I've experimented with having them pinned and unpinned.
    Screen Shot 2017-12-19 at 7.13.09 AM.png Screen Shot 2017-12-19 at 7.18.18 AM.png Screen Shot 2017-12-19 at 7.21.28 AM.png

4. DjHerold

Skline, I just sent you a Private Conversation.
    Dj

5. DjHerold

Skline, take a look at my screen shot.
    What it appears happened is, you gave the components of the State button (ie: the text box) the same graphic style name as the State Button.
    This isn't necessary and adds confusion to Muse in the code.
    Giving the State Button a GS is only what's necessary.
    Follow the arrows and remove the link for the Text box GS.
    Hope this helps
    Dj

Capture.JPG

6. Skline

Skline Member

That makes perfect sense—while not immediately obvious. But, the double transform is a familiar concept...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.