Pop-Up pro does not work on different break points

Discussion in 'All Other Widgets' started by DanielSt, Sep 22, 2017.

1. DanielSt

DanielSt Member

The widget works perfectly on the biggest break-point but as soon I try to open the pop-up on a smaller break-point nothing happens (using the trigger on click), but the mouse symbol changes to a hand. This problem occurs with my own project (works on 1280px and 430 but not on 615 and 906) as well as with christophers demo project (works on 960px but not on 768 or 550).

Any ideas?

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Daniel, could I ask, what are you testing these Break Points on?
    I have tried it with various types of resizing and I'm not seeing an issue with Christopher's Demo at any size.
    Let me know
    Thanks
    Dj

3. DanielSt

DanielSt Member

4. Jeremei

Jeremei Well-Known Member

Daniel!
    I made a test page for "Pop-Ups Pro" widget in Adobe Muse Prerelease (last version) which will be published as a shipping version about in the middle of October 2017.

- I used exactly same breakpoints as you have on your site
    - Both pop-ups items must have separate widget (2 widgets) and different names for graphic styles as well as for opening buttons

Everything works correctly in the Prerelease version in all breakpoints and the Prerelease Muse file will be open also in the coming shipping version according to the information what Muse Team has published.

Here is the link to my testing page http://popupstest1.businesscatalyst.com/

5. DanielSt

DanielSt Member

The problem is a little bit more complicated:

If I build a website from scratch the pop-up pro widget works perfectly, like Jeremeis testing page.
    If I implement the widget on a master page in my existing project it works perfectly as well.
    But if implement it on an existing page it does not work on several breakpoints -> I changed the master of this page (adding a new blank master)-> the widget works pefectly.

So the problems occurs between the master and the page. Any ideas for the reason?

6. Jeremei

Daniel!
    Do you mean that e.g. if you have an existing site of a client which has those breakpoints (1280, 906, 776, 615 and 430) and you want to add Pop-Ups Pro widgets onto one or several pages on this site so the widgets do not work in some breakpoints?

At least the widgets are working correctly on several pages which have no other content (widgets have been set to each page separately). http://popupstest1.businesscatalyst.com/

Could you send me the Muse file so I can test the widget in real environment, I assume that you have my email address from the last May? Otherwise it is a little bit difficult to solve the issue!

DanielSt likes this.
  7. DanielSt

DanielSt Member

Jeremei!
    -> yes!
    I already found out that the problem is solved (only for some breakponts) if I delete some stuff on the Master site.

On the 615 breakpoint the pop-up only works if it is placed on the right. (absolutely no idea why).

E-mail is on the way (should be the right adress)! Thanks a lot!!

8. Jeremei

Daniel!
    Without seeing the original Muse file this sounds that the widget layers are in layers panel under other stuff if the buttons are not clickable?

9. DanielSt

DanielSt Member

That was my first thought as well. But I found nothing. The browser recognises that the item is clickable but if you click nothing happens.

10. DjHerold

Daniel, if you and Jeremei find a solution (whether it's with your file or the widget, could you be sure to post the results here for others to see.
    Thanks
    Dj

11. DanielSt

DanielSt Member

Of course we will!

@Jeremei: I just received an E-Mail that my first try to send you the file has failed - I allready sent a second mail with a Google Drive Link.
    Did you receive the Mail?

Thank you!
    Daniel

12. DanielSt

DanielSt Member

Big Thanks to Jeremei for solving the problem. Still we didn´t find an explanation for the problem and I do not like to work arround things without understanding the behavior.
    I did some tests of the behavior of the POP UP Widget. Seems that there is strong connection to the responsive behavior in the biggest breakpoint: Responsive Behavior.jpg

Than there is a problem with the accordion widget (placed on a master page as a mobile menu - did not test the behavior on a regular site): Accoridion Widget.jpg

any idea why the widget works like that or any solutions?

Just uploaded my test file into my drive:
    NOTE: file removed by Moderator

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2017
  13. DjHerold

Daniel, I am sorry to ask this, but I'm not understanding a lot of this post (probably my issue), so bare with me.
    First, when you stated "The widget works perfectly on the biggest break-point but as soon I try to open the pop-up on a smaller break-point nothing happens", I am not getting this reaction when I look at this on my Mobile or Tablet, both work fine.
    So, I'm not sure if you've fixed the issue or if I am missing what's happening.
    Second, you stated that Jeremei "solved" the problem, could you elaborate on the specific problem and the solution Jeremei found.
    Also, I am not grasping the chart and what you're conveying in your last post.
    And Lastly, could you describe the issue you are having with the Accordion.
    Again, I apologize fir the questions, and if the issues are obvious, and I'm just missing them.
    Thanks
    Dj

14. DanielSt

DanielSt Member

Hey DjHerold,
    my fault, so I will try to explain it in a better way:

Their are two Pop up widgets on: http://der-fairsicherungsmakler.com/test-2

The original problem: The widget works perfectly on the biggest break-point but as soon I try to open the pop-up on a smaller break-point nothing happens (using the trigger on click), but the mouse symbol changes to a hand. This problem occurs with my own project (works on 1280px and 430 but not on 615 and 906). -> Testet with Safari on my Iphone and Chrome on my desktop pc.

So Jeremei and I tested a lot of things.

First Solution:
    1. The widget works always on the biggest breakpoint (regardless of the responsive settings).
    2. The widget works on all breakpoints where the triggers have the same responsive behavior as they have in the biggest breakpoint.
    3. As soon as I change the behavior of a trigger in one breakpoint (so its not similiar to the settings in the biggest breakpoint anymore) only the trigger in that specific breakpoint does not work.

So I made this table to show when the trigger will work (green check) and when they will not work (red cross) depending on the responsive behavior: Every row shows the responsive settings of one trigger in the different breakpoints for an uploaded page. The green check shows that the Pop-Up window appears. The red cross shows that nothing happens after clicking on the trigger. Responsive Behavior.jpg

Second Problem:
    The trigger does not work in a second case. When I set the responsive behavior like in the last row of the table, the trigger should work perfectly but as soon as I add an mobile menu (with the accordion widget) on a master page, the trigger does not work as soon as the mobile menu appears.

Example: On my normal page the accordion menu will appear with the 400px master page breakpoint -> So as soon my normal page hit 400px the trigger stops to working.
    This problem with the accordion widget does not happen when I set the responsive setting of my trigger like in the first row of the table.

I tried to sum this up in the following graphic: The red bar with "Menü" on it is the accordion widget of the master page; the trigger is still placed on a normal page. The responsive behavior of the trigger is in all 4 tests similiar to the settings of the biggest breakpoint.
    The two tests of the top row have the accordion widget active, the two tests of the bottom row are without the accordion widget.
    Accoridion Widget.jpg
    Well I hope it´s now easier to understand, if not please ask! I will try my best to explain it in english again :)

15. DjHerold

Daniel, thank you for the detailed explanation. I may have focused on the term 'Responsive' , and looking at the responsive (sizing) settings (which are all the same), rather than the (responsive) Pinning (which differs) as your chart suggests.
    I do see the issue on the link you posted, but I am unable to recreate it on a new blank site/page.
    I did notice though, that you are using the Adobe Pre release version (both you and Jeremei, although the two of you are using different pre release versions), and unfortunately we do not support those versions as of yet.
    You are also using a very, very buggy pre release version (one that has specific 'pinning' and elements that break the page type issues). Adobe has since pushed out an update for that version also.
    In order to help you find a solution, you need to have the latest Public release and by Adobes own admission, it's broken.
    I would ask that you set up a new blank site and page (either on the Public version or if you are going to use a pre release, it has to be the latest version (2018.0.0.684), with the same break points. Then re set up the widget and let's see what the outcome is.
    That could help.
    One last thing, when looking at your test site (test-2) I noticed that once the browser crosses from 907 to 906 (where you are having an issue) the buttons drop to a new location of the page. This is something that when I see it, would point me to checking that out.
    I hope we can help in some way, so hang in there, there has to be a reason.
    Dj
    ps.....I am sending you a private conversation with one more question.

16. DanielSt

DanielSt Member

Yes, thats what I mean.

So using the newest pre realease version or the latest official muse version solved the issue with the accordion. But using different Pinning settings in different breakpoints is still leading to a not working trigger (even in a new blank project).