Dismiss Notice
FORUM SHUTDOWN NOTICE: Due to inactivity and the end-of-life of Adobe Muse, we've made the decision to shut down and archive our forum as of Oct 28, 2020. Be sure to check out our new website creation tool Without Code (www.wocode.com) - thanks again for your support!

Playlist

Discussion in 'General Muse' started by NNoBoDY, Apr 30, 2017.

1. NNoBoDY

NNoBoDY Member

Hey i was wondering if you actually have made a widget for us like you have for when watching some of the tutorials with the playlist on the side if one makes a series of videos would be nice to actually give the posibility that they can watch em in a row ???

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

NN, great suggestion, but not at this time.
    I will pass this along to the developers though. Maybe it's something they can include in the future.
    Thanks
    Dj

3. Steve Harris

Steve Harris Museologist Staff Member Moderator

Hey NN,

Thanks for the post! Our video system is powered by Wistia.com. The playlist functionality is actually part of their system, and when we embed the videos (using their embed system) we get access to the playlists. We just have to build them on our Wistia account. I believe YouTube / Vimeo also have playlist functionality built in, so you could embed a similar playlist system from any of those providers.

As far as self hosting videos, nothing currently! Personally I'm not a big fan of self hosting because of the potential for bandwidth, device compatibility, formatting issues... but that's just me.

Cheers
    SH

4. NNoBoDY

NNoBoDY Member

Okay thanks Steve ya bandwidth can be a big problem there and didnt know what and where you used and that with the youtube & vimeo i didnt know last time i think i actually used youtube was like back in 2012 when at school so i guess my knowledges on it is a bit outdated haha its all study for me at this point since just been threw muse here and there when the time have allowed it to see the possibilities with it and to maybe furture out the knowledge to others its like a education by it self with knowing all the different app/programs out there from actually building it
    even tho out from what i can see its just HTML5 javascript and css that muse is based upon but that is also a haggle if one is tired of coding
    but i am much appreciated by the fast response with some info

tho i posted another thread no one have answered so now you are responding fast on this one.. something like a filter on database search i think its the right term but what i mean is like you already have for showing off your widgets and templates is it something you are planning in the furture or is there already made? cause been out trying to search for something similar and have had a hard time finding anything there fits the category