Pioneer template

Discussion in 'Templates' started by woodleigh, Jul 22, 2018.

1. woodleigh

woodleigh Member

Just a quick one fellow Musers.

Just looked at the Pioneer template for the first time and noticed that the home page is 1200px wide, but all the other pages, including the masters are 960px wide. What am I missing?

TIA :)

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Tia, this template was designed with a 1200 px desktop home page mainly due to the content. The designer felt that at 1200 the content was better fit to desktops and some laptops.
    In a responsive design, there are typically no set sizes, but rather Break points where the content dictates either the size, or the need to create a different (in most cases Smaller) size.
    The 960px size is something that was used heavily a few years back, and was sometimes considered the norm, but I personally always start my desktop at the 1200px size.
    One thing you will notice, the template uses right pointing chevrons (next to the scrubber bar) which, when used pointing right, tells Muse that the content of the page should be expanded to fit the browser viewing it. Allowing it to expand past the 1200px where needed.
    It's also a neat little trick used to make content placed next to each other expand to fill the page without having to pin the content to the page.
    Hope this helps
    Dj

woodleigh likes this.