Solved Pioneer Template looks strange on mobile devices

Discussion in 'Templates' started by gary, Feb 14, 2016.

1. gary

gary Member

Hi Guys,

I posted this earlier by mistake directly on the theme comments page. I really like the pioneer theme - great job! One thing though: If you take a look at the theme using the link on your theme page ( http://musethemes-themes.businesscatalyst.com/pioneer-light ), it doesn't look quite right on iPhone 5 in portrait view. All content stops about 20-30 pixels from the right side of the browser window.

Could you maybe take a look into fixing this?

Thanks,
    Gary

2. gary

gary Member

IMG_4550.PNG IMG_4551.PNG
    this is what I mean ...

3. Ross Jennnings

Ross Jennnings New Member

Hello Gary,
    I've got this exact same issue, I'm building a site using the Pioneer theme but when viewed on both an iPhone 5 and 4 in portrait the site/content is falling off the screen to the left.

What are we doing wrong please? How can we fix this?

Thanks,
    Ross.

4. gary

gary Member

I guess it's something in the code because if you look at the preview of the template here on the muse themes site it also looks messed up ... have to wait for a fix from the team at muse themes I guess ...

5. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Gary / Ross, we haven't forgotten you, honest. We've been trying to figure this out also.
    It seems that when you delete or shrink the MuseThemes copyright at the bottom of the Home Master, it eliminates the margin issue that users are having an issue with on touch devices.
    Give that a shot and let us know if that works for you.
    Thanks
    Dj

6. gary

gary Member

Strange ... deleted the stuff at the bottom of the master pages as stated and the problem disappears ...

THX!

7. nicolem

nicolem Member

I'm having this same problem, however when I deleted all the stuff at the bottom (including the navigation buttons to each page) its still happening on the iPhone.

8. Ross Jennnings

Ross Jennnings New Member

Smashing, thanks Dj, I resized/deleted the copyright at the bottom of the page and it fixed the problem. Ta!

Ross.

9. summerkais

summerkais Member

I am having the same issue. I deleted the copyright but it's still showing a grey margin on the right side. I am using the Union template. Should the boxes be set to None, Responsive, or stretch to browser width?

Attached Files:

10. Allia

Allia Member

I had the same problem with the frost theme, the site displays similar to summerkais. I am viewing on an iPhone 5 I. Safari. I disabled the IBE, in the site properties, but no luck.Any suggestions?

11. DjHerold

The first thing I would suggest when you are having margin issues, especially on mobile, is to do a 'select all', and make sure there are no artifacts or items outside the boundary of the page.
    Dj

12. Allia

Allia Member

I'll try your suggestion. Does that also include the widget flyout boxes too? I've output a few templates without changing anything and I get the same issue. I have just re-downloaded the bundle widgets and will replace them. I'll let you know if that works.

Thanks,
    Allia

13. summerkais

summerkais Member

Thanks DJ. The only thing I am seeing outside the boundary of the page is the frame for the contact form. The elements are within the boundaries...is there any way to change the frame size?

Attached Files:

14. DjHerold

summer, is that the same menu that comes in the template?
    Also, it looks like you may have re sized it? Not sure, but if you did, did you make sure the "send" response boxes are in the page boundaries?
    Dj

15. summerkais

summerkais Member

Ah, it was the "send" response that did it. Didn't realize it was there. Thanks for your help!

16. Paul Engel

Paul Engel New Member

For the Frost theme the problem is in the page properties window: at the lowest breakpoint (480) the minimum browser width is set to 480. Change it to 300 and everything will look fine.