Pinning the bars at the top

Discussion in 'Connect - CSV Widgets' started by carolynbusby, Oct 18, 2016.

1. carolynbusby

carolynbusby Member

I'm trying to pin the hamburger bars at the top so that that icon is static with the menu bar when scrolling, but they scroll with the rest of the page. I've played around with grouping/pinning/etc, but haven't hit the magic setting yet. What am I missing? :) THANKS!

[​IMG]

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

carolyn, have you set the Menu to the fixed pinning position in the widget?
    Take a look at the attachment.
    Dj

Capture.JPG

carolynbusby likes this.
  3. carolynbusby

carolynbusby Member

AHA!!! Thank you thank you thank you! :) Totally missed that in the settings.

4. Tonya Harpenau

Tonya Harpenau Member

I am having the same pinning problem. I have my menu to the fixed pinning, but it still scrolls, no matter what I try. Help! Untitled 3.jpg
    Untitled 2.jpg

5. DjHerold

Tonya, could you post a screen shot of your settings? Also, one of your page in design view.
    Thanks
    Dj

6. Jeremei

Jeremei Well-Known Member

Tonya!
    Menu stays in header even though pinning position is "Normal" if you have directed double arrow to the right (look at the screenshot) on all pages including Master page.

A-sivupohja.png

7. Tonya Harpenau

Tonya Harpenau Member

Here are the screen shots. I am building this site as fixed width breakpoints, so the arrows don't exist. Thanks is advance.

Attached Files:

8. Jeremei

It seems that MT has published widget version 1.3. Try to use this new version and maybe test also older version 1.1, if you still have it in library.

9. Tonya Harpenau

Tonya Harpenau Member

I just downloaded this widget last week. Has it been upgraded since then?

10. DjHerold

Yes, it has a new update, version 1.3
    Dj

11. Tonya Harpenau

Tonya Harpenau Member

ok, I updated the widget, put in the same specs as on the previous and still having the same issue. :(

12. DjHerold

Tonya, I have set up a menu with all the same settings as your screen shots.
    I am not having any issue pinning the open button as you're trying to do.
    What I suggest is setting up a new blank page/site, set up only the widget and see what the results are.
    If the widget works correctly, you can then systematically remove other widgets/items from your original (after making a copy ofcourse) site to see what may be causing a conflict.
    Dj

13. Tonya Harpenau

Tonya Harpenau Member

I will give it try. Thanks for your help!

14. Tonya Harpenau

Tonya Harpenau Member

So just reiterate, it stays in place vertically, my problem is horizontally, it will not stay fixed. The Button horizontal margin, under Open Button Setup measures from the left and calculates as to where it goes as to the width of your browser? If so, there would be no way to fix it. Did it stay in place on your sample?

15. Jeremei

Tonya!
    I have the same problem with 1.3. version. I suppose that there is really something wrong in the widget?? :(

16. Tonya Harpenau

Tonya Harpenau Member

DJ, did it stay in place horizontally for you?

17. DjHerold

Tonya, from your original post, there wasn't a mention of the Open button staying in place Horizontally. so, I'm not sure I understand what you're looking to do.
    You can move the Open button off the left or right of the page by up to 200 px. But other than that, where are you looking to place the button? In the center?
    If you have a site that has something similar, let me take a look.
    Dj

18. Tonya Harpenau

Tonya Harpenau Member

I want the hamburger menu centered, and fixed in place as shown in image 2, but as seen in image 3 it moves fluid once the browser is stretched or made smaller. My site is fluid width with fixed breakpoints.

Attached Files:

19. DjHerold

Tonya, I get what you're saying now, you want to be able to locate the open button at a specific location within the page size, not browser size. Unfortunately, this isn't how the widget is designed. It's meant to keep the open button in a fixed location relative to the edge of the browser.
    I have brought this up to one of the lead developers and he's going to look at it, but until I hear different, I think this would be a large change to the code of the widget.
    Dj

20. Tonya Harpenau

Tonya Harpenau Member

Please let me know if there is any workaround. This is disappointing as I have the entire design based around this widget, thinking I was missing something. Thanks in advance.