Solved Photoshop button not working

Discussion in 'General Muse' started by EcstaticDesign, Oct 14, 2016.

1. EcstaticDesign

EcstaticDesign Member

Hi all!

I'm in the process of building my first site with Muse. I created a Photoshop button so that when you hover over it, the rectangle expands and contains an arrow. Everything appears to be set up correctly but it's not working. I'm using the up to date version of Adobe Muse CC on a Windows 10 desktop. Viewing in FF and Chrome.

I could use some help here, obviously. I've attached a screenshot of my muse screen with the button selected. All the states appear to be correct and the hyperlink is applied. I've also added the normal and hover files so you can see the effect I'm going for. Any help would be appreciated!

You can see the button on my temporary business catalyst site:
    http://ctstools.businesscatalyst.com/index.html

It's the button below the Problem Solvers text. There's another button further down that I built as a state button and it's working but it doesn't have the rollover effect I was hoping for.

Thanks so much!

Julie

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
  2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Julie, not sure how you have the button placed on the overlay area. It almost looks like the "button" is behind something.
    I would normally use a State Button, rather than a rectangle (I've found that sometimes using a rectangle on overlays causes me grief).
    I was able to take your PNG's and place them in a simple rectangle, added the appropriate states and everything works fine (screenshots attached but are simply showing the two different types of states. The first two were in browser view).
    Dj

Capture1.JPG Capture.JPG normal state.JPG rollover state.JPG

3. EcstaticDesign

EcstaticDesign Member

Thanks for your reply. I have checked and rechecked and the button is on top of the layer. When I placed the Photoshop button the rectangle appeared with it. I didn't add it. I even tried putting the whole thing on a state button but that didn't work either.

Interesting that you mentioned problems with buttons on overlays. I pulled the photoshop button off the overlay and it worked!

I tried your technique of placing the pngs in a rectangle and a state button. They worked off the overlay but not on. On the overlay, it sometimes worked but only when you hovered over a small area outside the button border, not over the button image.

So, does this mean I can't use buttons over images? That's very disappointing. Is there a work around? The image is set as the fill for a rectangle set to responsive width.

4. DjHerold

Julie, you should be able to use buttons over images. I've had some issues before, that's why I mentioned it.
    I did place an image on a new blank page/site, used your button on top of a static image with no issues.
    I'm sending you a private conversation to see about looking at your file.
    Dj

5. EcstaticDesign

EcstaticDesign Member

This just keeps getting stranger. I added another pic in a rectangle below the current one. Put the buttons on it and they all worked just fine. Deleted the first pic, inserted everything fresh, using the same pic I used below and the button would not work over that one. Thought maybe it was an issue with scrolling over the infiniscroller since I had a parallax effect going, but changed that and still no luck. VERY FRUSTRATING! I'm at a loss at what the issue can be in that particular spot.

Well, call me stupid!! Just thought to check the master page and, sure enough, there was a rectangle covering that section of the page. Deleted it and now all is good with the world!!! Won't be doing that again! What a lot of time lost.

Thanks for heading me in the right direction!!

6. DjHerold

Anytime, glad to have helped in some way, good luck.
    Dj