Page speed improvements

Discussion in 'General Muse' started by Sarah, Mar 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarah

Sarah Well-Known Member

Hi there,
    Does anyone know how to "remove rend-blocking Javascript" ? I think Google is saying that using Typekit is slowing down the site?

Consider Fixing:
    Eliminate render-blocking JavaScript and CSS in above-the-fold content
    Your page has 2 blocking script resources and 6 blocking CSS resources. This causes a delay in rendering your page.
    None of the above-the-fold content on your page could be rendered without waiting for the following resources to load. Try to defer or asynchronously load blocking resources, or inline the critical portions of those resources directly in the HTML.
    Remove render-blocking JavaScript:
    Optimize CSS Delivery of the following:

2. Chris Bell

Chris Bell New Member

Hi there, Same issue here.Any fix yet?

3. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

All, could you please place a support ticket on this (resources>contact us). The team can see what's being done and if there are any issues with our widgets or the site.
    This could be an issue with Muse and Typekit, which might mean a query to Adobe on this.
    Thank you in advance
    Dj

4. Sarah

Sarah Well-Known Member

The issues for me were coming from 2 widgets being used. Support said it was something to do with the order in which Safari loads things. I had to remove the widgets to improve performance.

5. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Sarah, could I ask which support, ours or Adobe?
    Also, which widgets were involved?
    Thanks
    Dj

6. Sarah

Sarah Well-Known Member

Hi DJ,

Sorry for the massively delayed response. MT support and it's the Pushy Panes widget that isn't working well in Safari, as well as the MP3 audio player. I removed Pushy Panes and switched to the newer audio player - now all is good (but I miss Pushy Panes!).

Hope this helps!

7. Cvdw

Cvdw New Member

Hi Sarah, how did you go about solving the above speed test issues? I am encountering the same.

8. Mattexdj

Mattexdj Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.