Solved Padding on left and right side + limited characters

Discussion in 'Mumblr' started by Camilla Jakobsen, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Camilla Jakobsen

Camilla Jakobsen Active Member

I've got two issues with tumblr.

1. I want to be able to use "Stretch to browser with" but the padding on the left and right will not be as wide as I want, its actually more narrow than the spacing in the gallery box that I've set. Can I solve this problem? I think it gets to tight to the side of the browser. I've tried the spacing for the box with the Mumblr-widget but it does not work.

2. I've limited the characters for the photo posts to 200, but the Les mer...-button shows in every picture, also when there is no text at all ...? And also at the end of each text that has no more characters...

The site url: www.elisabethtalen.no

2. Norman Durkee

Norman Durkee Well-Known Member Moderator

Hey @Camilla Jakobsen , I am looking around the url you posted and I cannot seem to find Mumblr content you are referring to? Would you be able to help direct me to where that is?

3. Camilla Jakobsen

4. Norman Durkee

Thank you for that, so to fix the "Les mer" button issue, adjust the character limit for the photos a bit higher, try 300 or 400 and see if those and tell me if that helps. What happens is that Mumblr loads the photo's into the widget as code, so it treats the code as "characters".
    As for the padding, are you referring to around 478 in the browser when Mumblr post's are touching the edges like in the photo i've added below?

Mumblr.jpg

5. Camilla Jakobsen

no, I mean the padding between the posts when viewed with the three columns are larger then the once outside, I would like the opposite if possible or at least the same ...

The Les mer ... button is still in place in the post that have no characters... it does not help to put inn more characters I have 600 no and whats different is that the post WITH text bring more text in ...

6. Norman Durkee

Have you tried adjusting the "Gallery Block Spacing" in the Content Styling section of the widget? That's what you're going to want to use to adjust the padding on the gallery view. As for the Les mer, may I ask are you posting these from Tumblr as a Photo post or as a Text post and adding the photo's to them?

7. Camilla Jakobsen

Thats what I have used yes ... But it's still different padding on the left and right from the padding of the three columns than between...
    As for the "Les mer ..." my customer post a photo and than write the text under.

8. Norman Durkee

Unfortunately I am not aware of any other way of adjusting the padding aside from that method. As for the Les Mer issue the only solution I have been able to find is if the customer creates a "Text" post, and then simply adds the image into the Text post without a title, this way the "Les Mer" button should not be on the post, the only downside to this method is that you cannot click the picture to enlarge it.

9. Camilla Jakobsen

well, yes and that is the point of the site, that you can enlarge the photo. I' make a support ticket, thank you for your time to trie to figure it out :)