One Softbox mystery solved; more remain

Discussion in 'All Other Widgets' started by kritz, Jan 13, 2016.

1. kritz

kritz Member

I was trying to get the compositions in my softbox to display in a specific order using the Previous/Next buttons, but the order appeared random. I then selected each composition and brought it to the front, starting with the last one I wanted to display and working forward. That appears to have set the list in the desired order.

Does anyone know a better way?

STILL UNSOLVED for me is the triggers I'm using within my composition (chunks of text) won't display the rollover state of that text. I can set it in the States panel, but it doesn't display on preview or publishing. I thought it might be another layering issue, but if so I haven't winkled out the actual solution.

Any suggestions? TIA

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Kritz, could you post a screen shot of your layout? If I can see what you're trying to build, I may be able to duplicate it and dissect it a bit.
    Dj

3. kritz

kritz Member

triggers don't show rollover.jpg
    I've since discovered that some of the rollover traits I've built in do show up in a touch environment (or some version of them does), but they don't show up in a standard desktop environment (all Chrome, all Windows 10). It's also online at www.kritzberg.com/cv

Any assistance gratefully accepted.

4. DjHerold

Kritz, like the site, nice use of the 'Softbox', good job.
    One question, if I'm seeing your intent correctly you want the 'Normal' state to be the Black, the rollover to be Orange.
    Have you tried checking the States using 'On Click' instead of 'On Hover'?
    Dj

5. kritz

kritz Member

The orange might be a bit much. I wouldn't mind if the text box came up with a semitransparent color on rollover -- just something to alert the reader that the trigger and the target are parts of the same thing.

I'm happy to try "On Click" just to see what happens, although that's not the effect I actually want.

Thanks. I'll fiddle with it a bit.

(On edit, I should point out that I love you guys' work -- it's made me able to be effective in Muse, which I was struggling to be before I ran across you. The whole kritzberg.com site that hosts cv is built on a variety of MuseThemes widgets.)

6. DjHerold

That's what we love to hear.
    And you're doing a great job too.
    Thanks
    Dj