Odd Error

Discussion in 'Headliner' started by WorldDiver, Dec 20, 2016.

1. WorldDiver

WorldDiver New Member

Hey team - I'm getting an odd error on the first headline when using the HeadLiner 2.1 widget. On my end upon the initial site load, the first word looks stuck. If you let it cycle, the first word loads properly the second time around. I am using two instances of the HeadLine widget and I see it on both Anyone ever seen this - know how to fix - or know what I'm doing wrong? Thanks

http://benparrishdesigns.com/home-copy-2.html

Using Muse 2017.0.0149
    MacOS Sierra 10.12.2

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

World, I'm seeing the first word (if it's Website) show up fine on load. I'm using Chrome on a PC.
    Is this happening on any specific browser?
    Also, you mention you are using 2 instances of the widget. What is the second being used for?
    Possibly a screen shot or two showing the set up in Muse.
    Thanks
    Dj

3. WorldDiver

WorldDiver New Member

Thanks for the reply Dj. Do you see the error when viewing at a smaller breakpoint and refreshing the page?

The second instances of the widget is used on the 550px breakpoint and the 320px breakpoint and uses a smaller font size. The breakpoints 900px and 1250px use a version of the widget with a larger font size. I am seeing the first word get "stuck" at the 900, 550, and 320px breakpoints. I am seeing this on Safari and Chrome. Few screenshots attached. Any ideas? Thanks

Screen Shot 2016-12-29 at 6.59.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-12-29 at 7.01.32 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-12-29 at 7.09.01 PM.png

4. DjHerold

World, try using just one instance of the widget but adjusting the text size at your different breakpoints.
    Dj

5. WorldDiver

WorldDiver New Member

Thanks for the reply Dj. When I try to only use one instance of the widget and change the text size at the breakpoints - it doesn't work. As far as I can tell - I can only use one paragraph style per instance of the widget. Maybe I don't understand how to correctly use the widget with breakpoints. I have tried the following:

Goal = I need the text to shrink for 2 of my smaller breakpoints.

1. Tried creating two set of paragraph styles - "large" & "small" - then applying the different styles at different breakpoints hoping that the widget would change text sizes once I hit those breakpoints. That's when I noticed that when I apply one paragraph style it applies to all breakpoints. Am I not doing this right? How do you tell the widget to use a new paragraph style at a certain breakpoint?

2. That's when I went to two instances of the widget - one "large" and one "small". It achieved the look I was going for but I ran into the error of the first headline getting stuck on the first load.

Now I notice there is a new beta version of this widget - should I hold off until the new version is finalized or keep pursuing with the current version (2.1)?

iReddog likes this.
  6. iReddog

iReddog Member

Have you had any luck with this issue, I'm running into now as well.

7. WorldDiver

WorldDiver New Member

Still no luck. Has anyone solved this issue or have a workaround? Are we using widget incorrectly?

8. DjHerold

Could I ask you place a support ticket on this (resources>contact us).
    The team can look at your file and see if it's the design or the widget.
    Thanks
    Dj