Solved Noobquestion

Discussion in 'SHOW Responsive Video Suite' started by Jörgen, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Jörgen

Jörgen Member

hi,
    How do i make a webm-file? When i export video's i Can online export them in regular formats (mov, MP4 etc).

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

3. Jörgen

Jörgen Member

Yes! It works.
    Why is it needed for this widget? Why is the MP4 not enough to let it work?

4. DjHerold

Jorgen, Unfortunately in the world of Browsers, one size doesn't fit all. Some will require an MP4, some a WEBM.
    When you have so many browsers out there, to make sure your viewers can see your video regardless of what they use, both solves that problem. Whatever browser your view chooses, the widget will deliver the format that browser requires.
    Hope this helps.
    Dj

5. Jörgen

Jörgen Member

6. britta

britta Active Member

7. DjHerold

Britta, as of when I threw out the possible use of that specific free video converter, and anytime I've used it, I did not have to download anything.
    Unfortunately some of the free apps have deceptive ways of showing ad type downloads, so unless you are sure you are just having the site convert your video and not downloading anything, I definitely suggest treading carefully (as it appears you seem to be)
    Dj

8. britta

britta Active Member

Yes, sorry to bother you. They are tricky! After I closed the trap page I then saw the option to save my file. All is well.