Dismiss Notice
FORUM SHUTDOWN NOTICE: Due to inactivity and the end-of-life of Adobe Muse, we've made the decision to shut down and archive our forum as of Oct 28, 2020. Be sure to check out our new website creation tool Without Code (www.wocode.com) - thanks again for your support!

NO CAPTION LOCATION CONTROL?

Discussion in 'Dynamic Slide' started by Tom Encode, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Tom Encode

Tom Encode Member

The "start from scratch" demo skips over any attempt to reposition the caption box that magically appears in the upper left when previewed even though it's lower left on the working page. Try moving it and it only relocates to the left or right... never moves down. Your "short-cut" working template is great but the same problem when trying to reposition the caption box. Your captions are set too high for the smaller photos I'm using and there's no way to move them down or up to sit correct on the animated images. Bought into MUSE-THEMES because of Dynamic Slider... bummer I wasted a day with it.

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Tom, sorry you're having issue with this widget, it takes some playing with but really is flexible.
    I'm using the default widget version 1.1 at the moment, but any version acts the same (1.1 is for the newest version of Muse).
    Open the default widget in a new or blank page. The default set up has the captions set towards the top. What you want to do is select the caption box, some you can possibly re size but the main thing to remember is, in Muse not all positioning is specific when dealing with full screen objects.. What I mean by that is, if you place something at the bottom of the page, you may have to adjust the placement to below or just off the main slide. Full screen slideshows, such as this, take over the entire browser, you need to adjust and not place just within the showing image size. Remember this is a caption box, so where you set one, all will follow.
    Look at the screen shots, in #1 I have placed the caption box really low in my design. In #2 you'll see it ends up at the bottom of the browser as intended.
    Hope this helps
    Dj Capture1.JPG Capture2.JPG