News Feed Widget

Discussion in 'All Other Widgets' started by REIGNthegroup, May 6, 2019.

1. REIGNthegroup

REIGNthegroup Well-Known Member

How to I get the images to display in the widget ? Screenshot (2).png

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Reign, could you give me a bit more information on how you have set up the News Feed widget?
    Possibly the widgets settings and it's Muse layout.
    Thanks
    Dj

3. REIGNthegroup

REIGNthegroup Well-Known Member

I followed the instructions with on the video, I uploaded the php file that came with the widget and then I took the RSS Feed from the WordPress blog. How do I get the images to appear like on the video and can this widget work with Instagram and twitter.

4. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Reign, I believe you did what you state but without seeing what's taken place, it's often difficult to know what's not working or has been done.
    Having said that, I will go ahead and attached the demo file used to create the preview page on our site for this widget to a private conversation I'll send to you..

After running this by one of our developers they have informed me that the feed itself will need to have images IN the feed for it to display the images in the widget.

In order to have the images within the feed itself the images will need to be within the <description> portion of the feed, This is determined by the source code of the URL used to feed the news feed. Unfortunately we have no control of that with the widget itself. It’s entirely dependent of the news feed.

This feed, the feed in the demo, it has the images tagged in the description: http://feeds.mashable.com/Mashable

2019-05-08_0949.png

Take a look at this and the documents area of our site for more info.
    If you are still having issues, please place a support ticket (resources>contact us) and the team can request your file to examine.
    Hope this helps
    Thanks
    Dj