Solved Newbie question: adding to Widge Library

Discussion in 'General Muse' started by Kevin Reese, May 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kevin Reese

Kevin Reese Member

Hi, I'm new to both Muse and Muse-Themes. I'm working on my first site, trying to learn Muse, and cannot figure out how to get the downloaded widgets to show up in my widgets library. When I try to import a widget within Muse, it looks for a .muselib file-- but the unzipped files I get from Muse-Themes are just .muse files. Any help you can give is appreciated. Thanks!

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Kevin, inside the zip should be the muslin, as well as a muse file if there are any demos.
    For example , a template would be a muse file. The mulib file is strictly for widgets.
    If you are still having issues, could you post a screen shot of your download file.
    Thanks
    Dj

3. Kevin Reese

Kevin Reese Member

Hi Dj,
    Thanks for your quick response! Almost all my zips from Muse-Themes expand to .muse files. Themes as well as widgets.
    I downloaded about 50 widgets from your site and the only ones that have .muselib files are:
    Audio Playlist 1.0
    Media Pro Gallery 1.5

Am I misunderstanding what a widget is?

Thanks so much for your help.
    Kevin museZips1.jpg

4. DjHerold

Kevin, you're understanding correctly, the screenshot doesn't look like it should.
    Not knowing how you've done things makes me think the file may have not downloaded correctly.
    Try this, re download the whole bundle (under each widget download there is a download all button). Try using that. When you open that file up, you should see the majority of the widgets will be mulib files, some will be zip but inside the zip should also be a mulib file. If you don't want all the widgets in your library just choose the ones you want and send them to the library section. Give that a try and let me know. Thanks. DJ

5. Kevin Reese

Kevin Reese Member

I don't see anywhere to "download all" I see no download all button under any widgets. I'm beginning to wonder if I'm on the right website. LOL
    (I swear, I've been using PCs since the early 90s....)

Attached Files:

6. Jeremei

Jeremei Well-Known Member

7. Kevin Reese

Kevin Reese Member

Hmm. So I should NOT just click the Download button on the page that lists all the widgets, but must click through to the widget page and the bundle link will be only there? And the only way to get to the .muselib files is to download the bundles? How would I have known that? Why do I seem to have a different experience on the muse-themes site? This is strange. I'm not complaining-- I now have the .muselib files, I'm just confused.
    Thanks much for your help

8. Jeremei

By clicking "Bundle Download" link you will get all the current widgets to your computer. After that you can choose which widgets you want to import to Muse Library. If you want to import a certain widget to Muse library just click twice the Mulib file so it will be automatically in your Muse library. Or you can use import feature in Muse to get widgets to library (look at the screenshot).

Home.png

9. Kevin Reese

Kevin Reese Member

I guess what confuses me is that the only way I can get the .muselib files is to download the whole bundle of all the widgets-- I can't seem to get it by downloading an individual widget. By Dj's response, my experience is unusual. I'm just trying to figure out why that is. Am I doing something wrong, is it that I'm still using Internet Explorer-- why do only .muse files appear when I download individual widgets?

10. Jeremei

Kevin!
    You can separately download every widget by clicking "Download" button on each widget page without any problems. :)

11. Kevin Reese

Kevin Reese Member

Jeremei,
    When I do that, it doesn't unzip a .muselib file-- only a .muse file. Why do I have to download the whole shebang of widgets in the bundle every time to get the .muselib file for a new widget? All I'm trying to figure out is why isn't it working for me.

(Why do you put an exclamation point after your greeting? It sounds like your yelling and I'm frustrated enough)

Thanks,
    Kevin

12. Jeremei

Kevin!
    What tool do you use when you unzip other downloads?

13. DjHerold

Kevin, I understand you are frustrated, but hang in there. There is usually a solution.
    I would start by using another browser , say Chrome, and try downloading one widget. I'd also suggest clearing your browser, just to get a fresh start.
    When you use the Download button for a single widget, you should be only downloading a mulib file. Only the widgets that have assets or a demo Muse file are different.
    After trying a different browser, if all else fails, place a support ticket (resources>contact us). The team can try to help further.
    Thanks
    Dj

14. Jim Mathis

Jim Mathis New Member

I am having the same problem. The widgets work with my laptop but not my desktop. I am going to try a different browser. That may be the best tip.

15. Jim Mathis

Jim Mathis New Member

I switched to Chrome from Edge and that solved the problem. I hadn't thought about it being the browser.

16. DjHerold

Jim, glad that worked out.
    Dj

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.