New Page won't appear in menu

Discussion in 'Templates' started by Paindoctor, Jun 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Paindoctor

Paindoctor New Member

I am using the new focus template, and have added a page that was copied from the portfolio page. The page seemed to add fine in the plan module, however the menus do not reflect a new page at the top of all the pages. The new pages entitled photos, but does not show up in any of my menus. Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Doctor, the menu (on the sites Master page) is not a traditional Menu (widget).
    This was done by using Text boxes, and done manually.
    It's appearance is the same as the Dynamic menu that comes with Muse.
    With a bit of adjustment, you could use the stock menu, and then style i to match. I think just copying one of the existing cells and redoing the name, adding a link, and you would be better served. Just my opinion.
    Dj

3. Paindoctor

Paindoctor New Member

Thank you so much for your response Mr. Herold. I tried to do what you suggested and copied one of the other menu buttons and pasted it into the other buttons. When I went to try to add a link for some reason it would not allow me to add a link to any page. The only thing that appeared was the link from the button I had pasted from and it showed that it was being directed to that page with the original button was from. It was also grayed out. So I could not insert a new link. Do you have another suggestion? I really like the button style and would like to use it if possible. I don't know why this particular template does not follow the normal naming pages which creates a new link or button. I should say?

4. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Doctor, I'm not sure what you've done (or not done) just by discussion.
    I was able to do what you are looking for (see screenshots).
    I also removed the template nav with the stock Muse menu (screen shot 3), it seemed to work fine, although you would need to style it.
    Remember, the easiest way to copy something (for me anyway) in Muse, is to select an item and Alt drag it to it's new position. When selected you should be able to use the links area to reassign the link.
    If this still isn't working for you, is possible, post a few screen shots of what you've done.
    Thanks
    Dj

Capture1.JPG Capture2.JPG Capture.JPG Capture3.JPG

5. Paindoctor

Paindoctor New Member

Wow!! Great step by step tutorial!!! I will try and let you know either way. BTW - this is a really nice forum.

6. Paindoctor

Paindoctor New Member

It worked! The only thing I do not see is in the layers area an additional layer named for the new page i added. It still just had the same layers. How does the new layer get added?