New Motor Menu widget

Discussion in 'General Muse' started by John MacPherson Allan, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Hi Everyone I downloaded the new Motor menu widget and I have used it on my main page or my
    website I love it! http://www.thornleighguitar.com
    Cheers
    John

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

John, very cool. I think everyone will have some fun with this widget.
    I can see you did. Nice job.
    Dj

John MacPherson Allan likes this.
  3. Michelle

Michelle New Member

Great idea - but how do you replicate the functionality of the demonstration - I want my open and close button to be in the same position - ie on top of each other - not a cross in the corner - any ideas - thanks

Also - when you hover over the open button with the mouse - the mouse does not turn to a hand so the viewer might not click on it because it does not appear that is is clickable! - any ideas how to fix that?

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
  4. Norman Durkee

Norman Durkee Well-Known Member Moderator

@Michelle To achieve the open and close button in the same position that is fairly easy, simply Ive added some step by step images as well as wrote it out for you.

1. Create a text box and type "X" or anything else you would like to represent the close button.

2. Add your fill color to the text box.

3. Create a new Graphic Style and name it " close ".

4. Re position your new close button over your "open" button.

5. On the flyout panel for the widget be sure to check the "use custom close button" box and that it is named the same as your graphic style assigned to the new close button. In this case it should be ' close '.

6. Preview in browser to test page. If the positioning is off then just readjust it as necessary.

Hope this helps. As for the cursor change on hover I think @DjHerold may better be able to answer that!

Step 1.png Step 2.png

Michelle and Alex Wiley like this.
  5. rudistuve

rudistuve New Member

and how do i get the submenu's to behave accordingly on the main menubuttons? My main menu buttons do what i asked them to do accordingly the motor menu gadget, but the submenu won't.. Howcome??????

6. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

RUD, the design for this widget is for the main pages, the animation for any sub pages isn't made for this (although the link do work).
    The widget was primarily designed to be used like the dome video shows, just to give something new and a bit less boring.
    I do suggest playing with it though, cause you never know what cool things you might be able to make it do.
    Dj

7. David

David New Member

For the sake of those of us who are making single page sites, can the menu be modified to put itself away when it arrives at an anchor rather than having to close it manually? It doesn't feel right as it is...

Tom Jeppesen likes this.
  8. mjohnston

mjohnston Member

So far so good. Couple questions.
    Can a carousal slider function with the menu open?
    Can I add a drop down menu

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
  9. Tom Jeppesen

Tom Jeppesen New Member

Please let me know, if you find a solution. I have the same problem.
    Best, Tom