New Luxury Woodturning Website: Feedback please!

Discussion in 'Member Showcase' started by Adam Baker, Oct 9, 2016.

1. Adam Baker

Adam Baker Member

Hi guys!

Been a user of musethemes for a while now and have plodded along as an amateur user for a while.

This is my first paid commission site that I have made and I would love some feedback!

http://www.hlcreationsinwood.co.uk/

Cheers!

Adam, Manchester (England)

KevinD and LukeJacksonDesign like this.
  2. Looks great and seems to work perfectly!

No-one would know it was your first paid site, keep up the good work :)

Adam Baker likes this.
  3. Adam Baker

Adam Baker Member

Thanks man! Nice to hear that someone likes it! :)

4. KevinD

KevinD New Member

It's a nice site and it looks like a lot of work has gone into getting all the details right.

Adam Baker likes this.
  5. Adam Baker

Adam Baker Member

Ahh thanks! Yeah it was a long project and will still be ongoing as the business evolves. Glad a few people like it :)

6. Adam Baker

Adam Baker Member

Would love to know what any of the main guys at muse-themes thought of it? Guys?

7. Adam Baker

Adam Baker Member

Finally figured out some SEO Faults too so its performing much better now too! Let me know any thoughts!

8. JTurek

JTurek Member

I'm a noob too but site looks very nice and classy

Adam Baker likes this.
  9. Adam Baker

Adam Baker Member

Cheers! Yeah I attempted to get the classy feel as I think that fits the industry. :)

10. Jose Cox

Jose Cox New Member

Hi Adam,
    First off, i have to say i love the color scheme and the overall look of the site; you're definitely on the right path so keep up the good work.
    Now there's a few thing i'd pay attention to: first, make your logo clickable so people can return to your homepage by clicking on it. It's a common UI pattern so you might as well consider it, it'll take you like 2 seconds to get it done.

Also, i'd consider moving the "purchase" button to the bottom of the page, or at least putting a second one at the bottom. I guess what really matters here is selling the items, so i believe the button should be more prominent. changing color on hover might be a good idea.
    Moreover, i think you should let people know that when they hit purchase they'll be taken out of the website to paypal; when i did it it cought me by surprise since it's something i did not want to do. try looking at the process e-commerce websites follow for ideas on how to implement this so your clients feel at ease.
    hope this helps!

11. asifnm

asifnm Well-Known Member

Very nice site, well done and keep up the good work.

12. Mike Valkanet

Mike Valkanet Well-Known Member

I like it, really good!

Only improvements are that there isn't enough text/typography on the home page and the 2 gray tones at the footer are a little too plain. Would look better either lighter or darker.

But everybody has a different opinion of what they like.

13. anderson

anderson New Member

Great design I would try to keep a flow with some action buttons after some of the page content and watch the image compression. but over a clean look and a great site.

Anderson
    adj.design

14. Konektem

Konektem New Member

Hello i'm new to this, Like the design to your website, does anyone realize the widget does not give the customer the option to add a quantity. I also notice the custom button on the widget is not functioning. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

15. Ashton Bingham

Ashton Bingham Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Beautiful site Adam! It's a perfect balance of simple and elegant. Especially love the use of Dynamic Slide on the home page. Would be awesome to see a more smooth interaction for the button rollovers on your 'Products' page. Perhaps using a transition in your States menu to give it a fade or a slight movement??? Just thinking out loud! AWESOME work!