NAV System Problems with fluid AND fixed Breakpoints

Discussion in 'All Other Widgets' started by berndt, Oct 25, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. berndt

berndt Well-Known Member

Hi there!
    Just wanted to setup a Muse (2018.0) Site with the NAV System Pro.
    On my site, there are five breakpoints: starting at 480 px and 550 px – both are fluid.
    The other BP are fixed width.
    I placed a Hamburger Icon on Masterpage with graphic style "open" on 768, 550 and 480 px.

It works correct on 550 – 768 px – but the Menue on the fixed BP isn´t working.
    No chance to get it to work.
    Then I tried a workaround just for testing: change these two fluid breakpoint to "fixed" BP than it works.
    (This "workaround" does not work for my design – just for testing. I´m looking forward fpr a solution.)

Learn more:
    Mixed Fluid and Fixed Breakpoints (Hamburger not working on small BP)
    http://fluid-and-fixedwidth.businesscatalyst.com

Just Fixed Breakpoints (Hamburger working on small BP)
    http://fixed-width.businesscatalyst.com/index.html

Can anybody help me?
    Greetings Berndt

2. berndt

berndt Well-Known Member

Hmmm………… maybe it has something to do with the Pinning or "No-Pinning" …
    Or the scaling … don´t know yet

3. Mick Kenyon

Mick Kenyon Well-Known Member

It's definitely an issue on a few widgets. You could try (it sometimes works) adding the widget on a new page with no BP's, then add the BPs once the widget is on the page rather than adding it to a page with BPs already added.

4. berndt

berndt Well-Known Member

Yes Mick, I think, there are some bugs in this widget. I testet and tried out a lot yesterday – and somehow I got it to work. Don´t know why and how … ;-)
    You were right: placing a new Nav-Widget on a blank page with no BP´s – and copy/paste it into the existing page was a gamechanger – but not everytime ;-) There are some strange things happened with this widget.
    Now it works … but I´m afraid to touch it again. It costs me about 3-4 hours to get it to work. Puuuuh …

5. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Berndt, when you are having a specific issue, that you can replicate, it would help to eliveate the guesswork and frustration on your part, if you would place a support ticket and let the team view your file.
    Thanks
    Dj

6. berndt

berndt Well-Known Member

Yes, thank you DJHerold, I´ve placed a ticket already on Wednesday … hopefully they find a solution.

7. DjHerold

Great! Thank you,
    Be sure to post your final results back here if you wouldn't mind, so others can learn from it.
    Thanks
    Again
    Dj

8. Colin Shanley

Colin Shanley Member

A support ticket is obviously fine. But it is also important for the community to know of these issues. I was planning to implement this widget, but has this issue been resolved?

9. DjHerold

Colin, I agree and for myself, I do try to do this, but please understand that this is a Community Forum, not the Support portal (resources>contact us).
    It's really up to the users to come back and share what they find or are told by the support team, if they go there.
    As you can see, this post (as with a few others you've been posting on recently), is quite old. That can make a huge impact on the solution/answer. So sometimes a user will decide not to follow up because of updates or changes that may have occurred. Sometimes they don't get an answer quickly enough and move onto something else.
    I try to make time to close these posts from further comments when they get dated, but knowing their outcome (or when it took place) is very often not something I see.
    In many many cases (more than not), there can be something in the users design that caused an issue or malfunction. Trying to trouble shoot a bug, is better left to the Support team, because unlike myself here in the Forum, they can receive and investigate a users file.
    My goal is to try and assist with what I can so our users are not waiting around for someone else to answer, but that doesn't mean I will have an answer for every question, especially if the supporting information is minimal.
    That being said, we have multiple ways to investigate updates to widgets, documentation, videos, ect (all of which should be easy to find, or use my signature links). These can help evaluate whether and issue was a bug, and fixed, or something an update resolved.
    And as previously stated, if a quick answer isn't found here, then a support ticket will get a dialog and an answer going with the team.
    Having said that, I went through old tickets and did not see one filed on this topic around that time frame. I also don't see any updates (the latest being 1.3) that have occurred after this original post.
    I do hope this helps, if by nothing more than some information around the Forums.
    Dj

10. berndt

berndt Well-Known Member

Yes DJ Herold, you´re absolutely right. I can still remember that I testet a lot an played around a lot at this time.Than I made some Design changes and it worked for me. I´m not really sure, but I think I made a complete new Hamburger Menu with new settings. And than it worked.
    You ca see here: http://berelsmann.net

11. DjHerold

berndt, I kinda figured you may had changed you direction, you have always been great with follow up.
    I know personally, I change directions frequently with client updates and requests as a project moves along.
    Good job on the site. Look forward to more projects from you.
    Thanks
    Dj

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.