Solved Nav System Pro limited to 6 items in subs list

Discussion in 'All Other Widgets' started by Roger, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Roger

Roger Well-Known Member

I am trying to use the new Nav system pro for my menu but I am finding the the number of items on a sub menu list is limited to 6 items

Attached are two images... an example of the sidebar connect menu... under Destinations there are 11 listed items as subs....

If I try to do the same with the Nav Pro widget it only lists 6 items.... even though I have entered all 11

This happens to all lists with more than 6 items... only the first 6 show, the rest dont.

Any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Roger, for the moment, I'm making an assumption (you know what they say about assumptions , lol) , that your setting may be incorrect.
    If possible, it would help to see a screen shot or two of your settings in the fly out.
    You may want to check the 'Parent' numbering of your panels.
    One thing that's easy to do when duplicating controllers, is to forget to either clear the duplicated settings first or double up numbers.
    For example, I set up links 1 -5, then duplicated the controller. I need to remember that in the first position of the duplicated controller I need to change that parent to 6 (which I'm sure you did). But did you remember that the original 2-5 still needed to be changed?
    I say this because when I first tried the widget myself, that's exactly what happened and I was not getting all my link either.
    Let me know
    Dj

3. Roger

Roger Well-Known Member

Thanks DJ

I did check everything and it looks fine..

I will start afresh and if the same occurs I will post images

4. Roger

Roger Well-Known Member

OK...

I have been playing around with this its its askew for me... I watched the video and replicated absolutely everything using Nav Essentials.... works perfectly... Until I start adding more items to the sub menu.... copying whats done in the video... I just add more to the sub menu list, I can get to six but no more show up.... anything over 6 just doesn't show, as per my previous post

I have since deleted the Nav widget. Re-downloaded, same problem.

Unfortunately its worse with Nav Pro as it will only show one single item.

I started from scratch... brand new site... no breakpoints.... state button coloured and graphic style "open" as in the video.

From the attached Image Nav1... I have just two menu items... "Home" and "Destinations".. both Parent ID as "0" as I want them to be on the fist menu page.... they are the only ones enabled on that loader.

Home is Menu ID 1
    Destinations is Menu ID 2
    Nav1.jpg

I copied that loader to create a duplicate and set it to have 5 items under the "Destinations" Parent ID 2..... so I typed in "2" to all the Parent ID's on that loader. You can see this in the attached image Nav2..... I have made sure all the Menu ID numbers are in sequence and all different.
    Nav2.jpg

This should give me a list of 5 items under "Destinations"

If I preview in browser ... in image "menu1" attached its perfect.... in image "Menu2" I have clicked on "Destinations" and I can only see one item.... the first one "Botswana" is the only one I can see.

Menu1.jpg Menu2.jpg

Can you see what I am doing wrong here?

5. DjHerold

Roger, the development team is looking into this. Not sure what's up yet.
    When I hear anything I will post here.
    Thanks for the info.
    Dj

6. Roger

Roger Well-Known Member

7. Wollkneul

Wollkneul Member

ok yesterday i had the same Problem like Roger, i fixed with two numbers as id

if your id is 1 2 3 4 5
    try the child id like this

8. Roger

Roger Well-Known Member

Thanks Wolkneul.... but I cant seem to get that to work...

If I want to put a sub list under Menu Item "2" and I put in the parent ID as 21 22 23 24 etc.... still doesnt work.... it works for the first two nut not the rest.

Will have to wait for the fix I guess

9. Wollkneul

Wollkneul Member

Ok I try to reconstruct this later, and give you Feedback here.

10. Wollkneul

Wollkneul Member

So i tried it on my page, and i have the same bug like u the second child panel will not be displayed, only the first five in child panel

11. DjHerold

Hello everyone!
    Some good news, thanks to the excellent feedback from everyone in our forums, the Nav System widget has been updated and fixed. Check out the Contact Us page of our site to see the updated items.
    It is not ready for download.
    Thank you all again for your help and patients.
    Dj

Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
  12. Liz85

Liz85 New Member

Hi,

I like the new Nav System widget but in several instances on my website objects (like pictures, boxes and slide shows) are appearing over the pop-up navigation menu making it unreadable.

I cannot pinpoint why this is happening or how to fix it. Does anyone have a solution?

13. DjHerold

Liz, have you downloaded the fixed version of the Nav today?
    It addresses this issue.
    Dj

14. Liz85

Liz85 New Member

Hi,
    This is great news! Will down it now. Thanks!

15. Thomas Javery

Thomas Javery Member

I kept have the issues with the submenu not working and the parent items not showing up then the sub items jumping up the the main menu. Don't use an apostrophe in your title, it will mess everything up. Mine was "Hero's Journey" and it blew everything up and was causing problems with all other menu items.

With some more playing, I am on a Mac by the way, I figured out it is the apostrophe ' that causes an issue, but a right single quotation mark ’ works.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2017