NAV submenu issue

Discussion in 'All Other Widgets' started by Zach, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Zach

Zach Member

I have one last “issue” with the NAV. I have one last submenu I am trying to add but no matter which one of the loaders I copy and revise it keeps putting the submenu in the main menu even though I have a main main parent ID listed. There are not strange marks in the menu, any ideas? I have been trying to get this working for half the day :) I was having issues with the location button as it was doing the same thing but it eventually took, so I am down to this one.

Attached Files:

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Zach, would you double check one thing for me.
    I see in your screen shot that Medical Information is listed both as a menu item, and a Header.
    Is it possible that you have the parent page incorrectly going to both, or a wrong number??
    Dj

3. Zach

Zach Member

you are correct i do have them as both. The main menu has Medical Information as placeholder and then on the submenu i want it to be repeated so people know what section they are in and then links are underneath. I have done the same layout on other links that is why i am so confused on why i am having issues with this one.

Attached Files:

4. DjHerold

Zach, I might have to ask you to place a support ticket on this (resources>contact us), if you can't see an error in your linking so some other issue.
    I apologize, but I can't seem to replicate your issue.
    I believe I am getting the style you are looking for (see my screen shots).
    Dj
    Capture1.JPG Capture2.JPG

5. Zach

Zach Member

I am still not having any luck with this. My hope it is something minor, but i have changed the number of the main navigation placeholder and then switched the sub to match and it is doing the same thing. It has a main ID of 8 and the sub list 8 as parent ID but it contuinues to show in main menu. I changed it to 9 and updated subs to 9 and it did the same thing. I recreated a loader for the main menu placeholder and it again did same thing. I am hoping someone there can solve this for me.

6. Zach

Zach Member

ok, that is fine, do i just fill something out? Yes that is what it is supposed to look like, and all my other main menu items work fine, i am just having trouble with one. That is why it is so frustrating. here is screenshot of one that is working fine.

Attached Files:

7. DjHerold

Zach, I'm sue it's just something that's being overlooked.
    It happens when there are a lot of menu items. And it looks like you have a bunch.
    I always like to remind folks that the issue can always be in an un related area also. So look at everything.
    To place a support ticket, go to 'Resources>Contact us', there you will find a form to fill out.
    Thanks
    Dj

8. David Bell

David Bell Member

I am having this same issue. Any fix? I submitted a support ticket as well.

9. Zach

Zach Member

no they could not figure it out. I had to go another route.

10. David Bell

David Bell Member

Well that's highly disappointing.. Thanks.

11. Zach

Zach Member

yes. they worked on it but just could not figure out why it was doing that.

12. DjHerold

David, could you give me some information on the issue you are having? Maybe some screen shots of your lay out and settings?
    This would help.
    I see you've placed a ticket, but that only refers to this post (Zach's issue and examples) and doesn't give your particulars.
    I haven't continued with Zach's issue since he started working with the support team, so I'm not sure the final resolution.
    I do know that there was a way found to fix Zach's issue, although the reason it was happening has yet to be found.
    Please tell me a bit about your site and how you're using the widget. Things like how many controllers you have and the menu items used ect can be a help. Some screen shots can aid in showing those.
    Thanks
    Dj