NAV submenu issue

Discussion in 'All Other Widgets' started by Zach, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Zach

Zach Member

I have one last “issue” with the NAV. I have one last submenu I am trying to add but no matter which one of the loaders I copy and revise it keeps putting the submenu in the main menu even though I have a main main parent ID listed. There are not strange marks in the menu, any ideas? I have been trying to get this working for half the day :) I was having issues with the location button as it was doing the same thing but it eventually took, so I am down to this one.

Attached Files:

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Zach, would you double check one thing for me.
    I see in your screen shot that Medical Information is listed both as a menu item, and a Header.
    Is it possible that you have the parent page incorrectly going to both, or a wrong number??
    Dj

3. Zach

Zach Member

you are correct i do have them as both. The main menu has Medical Information as placeholder and then on the submenu i want it to be repeated so people know what section they are in and then links are underneath. I have done the same layout on other links that is why i am so confused on why i am having issues with this one.

Attached Files:

4. DjHerold

Zach, I might have to ask you to place a support ticket on this (resources>contact us), if you can't see an error in your linking so some other issue.
    I apologize, but I can't seem to replicate your issue.
    I believe I am getting the style you are looking for (see my screen shots).
    Dj
    Capture1.JPG Capture2.JPG

5. Zach

Zach Member

I am still not having any luck with this. My hope it is something minor, but i have changed the number of the main navigation placeholder and then switched the sub to match and it is doing the same thing. It has a main ID of 8 and the sub list 8 as parent ID but it contuinues to show in main menu. I changed it to 9 and updated subs to 9 and it did the same thing. I recreated a loader for the main menu placeholder and it again did same thing. I am hoping someone there can solve this for me.

6. Zach

Zach Member

ok, that is fine, do i just fill something out? Yes that is what it is supposed to look like, and all my other main menu items work fine, i am just having trouble with one. That is why it is so frustrating. here is screenshot of one that is working fine.

Attached Files:

7. DjHerold

Zach, I'm sue it's just something that's being overlooked.
    It happens when there are a lot of menu items. And it looks like you have a bunch.
    I always like to remind folks that the issue can always be in an un related area also. So look at everything.
    To place a support ticket, go to 'Resources>Contact us', there you will find a form to fill out.
    Thanks
    Dj