Solved Muse theme "platform"

Discussion in 'Templates' started by Mark G, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Mark G

Mark G Member

I've built my site using the "Platform" template. Uploaded fine for desktop but when I open on iPad it shows the original unedited template. Help! Thx

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Mark, since the Platform Template is a fixed (or adaptive style) site, did you create a mobile and tablet version?
    If not, the default site design will show up as those versions until you delte them or change the design from the default and add your style.
    Dj

3. Mark G

Mark G Member

I only created desktop version. When I open the tablet template page in muse it does not allow me to edit it. The other templates I've used have had no problem. If I delete the folders for tablet and phone on my web site will it default to the desktop version?

4. DjHerold

Mark, when you open the template in Muse, you should see a tablet version and a mobile version (see attached).
    If you delete those versions you should default to the desktop version, but the chances of it being functional is suspect.
    Dj

Capture1.JPG Capture2.JPG Capture3.JPG

5. Mark G

Mark G Member

Thanks. I must have missed that. So you basically have to creat three sites. It won't automatically build it for each format once you buildbthevdesktop. Ugggh. Lots of work to do now.

6. DjHerold

Mark, what you're talking about is a 'Responsive site'. I'm not sure what version of Muse you are using but the last two have changed to allow for (and are leaning towards all responsive style designs), adaptive (like the platform template) and responsive (like the last few templates we've put out.
    Adaptive requires three different layouts, while responsive requires one (that 'responds' size wise, to whatever device is viewing the site).
    Although creating one is better ( in therory) than multiple, at this point in Muse's responsive infancy, it isn't necessarily less work.
    Dj

Editor AL likes this.
  7. Mark G

Mark G Member

Thanks DJ -- one last thing. When I am working in the Tablet template i am able to replace the Platform logo with mine but on the opening home page it still shows the Platform logo. I made the change in the laster and it changes across all of the other pages except the home page (only for the tablet version -- desktop is fine). Any idea how to fix that or why it's doing that?

8. Jeremei

Jeremei Well-Known Member

Mark!
    You must also change the logo in "home-Master" page because "Home" page is using it as master page. Other pages are using A-Master page.