Muse sites lifespan

Discussion in 'General Muse' started by SarahKscope, Feb 20, 2019.

1. SarahKscope

SarahKscope Active Member

Hello,

I was a devote Muse user. I loved that I could develop beautiful, functioning websites, without knowing much code. With the Muse end of life announced, I am at a crossroads.

How confident are you all in Muse created sites continuing to be functional in years to come? Will sites using MuseThemes templates be supported after Muse's official end of life?

Thank you for your help!
    Sarah

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Sarah, we are, and will be supporting MuseThemes for as long as Muse is viable (changes to the main Browsers still accepting Muse's code output). As you can see from our recent products, we are still making updates and new widgets.
    I believe that Muse will still function like normal until those Major Browser changes start to take place. Obviously, companies such as Google ect will most likely have an impact of changes as well.
    Without Code is growing fast, and we are seeing amazing sites built in our platform. Some of the new templates, widgets and enhancements are amazing. I really suggest anyone who has not yet looked into it, check it out.
    We have a blog post from last year, that if you have not seen it, is worth reading. It will answer some if not all of your concerns. Some of it is dated, but mostly because W?O is moving faster than we could have hoped for.
    https://www.muse-themes.com/blogs/n...s-regarding-without-code-and-muse-end-of-life

I hope this will give you a bit of information.
    Dj

3. SarahKscope

SarahKscope Active Member

Thank you, DJ! I have read the blog post and looked into W/O Code when the Muse end of life was announced. I will check it out again now that it has been up and running for awhile!

I was hoping to get a feel for how long people thought it would be before browsers would change enough to cause problems with Muse sites. I realize there is no way to know for sure, but wondering if there is some kind of cycle or history that anyone has noticed.

For instance, if I was to build a site today using one of MuseTheme's templates, would I be safe telling my client that their site will function for at least 2-2 years without a major overhaul?

4. logan44

logan44 Member

DJ, is there a way or can you explain how i can access the muse software?

5. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group