Muse Issues with Google Chrome and Samsung Browsers

Discussion in 'General Muse' started by ProperBoPeep, Mar 15, 2018.

1. ProperBoPeep

ProperBoPeep Member

Dear all

I am in a real pickle at the moment and would really appreciate any help or advice.

I have a single Muse Site which utilises quite a few widgets from Muse-Themes. Recently I have been seeing odd behaviour of the site when it is rendered on Google Chrome or when viewed on Samsung Mobile devices. https://www.biltonvets.co.uk

The odd thing is that the errors are not constant, replicatable or consistently the same and so trying to pin-point the cause is virtually impossible (it doesn't work one minute, and then the next it works). I have found that this is NOT linked to just my computer and have had lots of other people view on different computers and found the same problem.

Interestingly - using the Incognito Window of Chrome seems to eliminate the problem so I wonder if this is a tracking/cookie issue??

The types of error are usually one of the following:
    • Completely blank screen with no progress. This will sometimes resolve if the browser is refreshed.
    • Header and some text appears at the top of the screen (in Times New Roman and Left Justified) and then the images and widgets appear bunched up beneath them at the bottom. Again this will sometimes resolve with a browser refresh.
    • Browser just ends up with a contant "loading" state which doesn't progress or respond to a CTRL-F5.
    I sadly haven't managed to get any screen shots but will try and do this.

Our marketing company seem to think that it may be due to the CSS being created by Muse but this is well beyond my technical knowledge!

Does anyone have any other suggestions? I was wondering about uninstalling the widgets to test if this is a glitch, but testing this is going to be a nightmare as the issue is not happening all the time...

Thank you in advance for your help.

Tom

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Tom, thanks for the post, and the URL (very nice site by the way).
    As you stated, it's very difficult to determine what might be causing your issues without being able to replicate them.
    I see you do have quite a few widgets running on the same page at the same time, and although this shouldn't be an issue, it can sometimes cause conflicts.
    I hate to send you somewhere else but, I'm going to have to suggest placing a support ticket on this (resources>contact us), primarily because I can't really tear things apart with only a URL (the team can, if necessary look at your file).
    I'm sure the Developers can pin point some action causing a conflict, and have the ability to get much more in depth than I.
    Let us know what the results are if you don't mind.
    Thanks
    Dj