Solved Muse and using a newer version of PHP?

Discussion in 'General Muse' started by Roubion, Aug 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roubion

Roubion New Member

Hi,

My hosting provider just informed me they will soon no longer support/allow php 7.1 and that I need my sites to be upgraded to php 7.3.

Is there any way to check if the (forms on the) sites I have running will stop working when the hosting company upgrades to a newer version of PHP?

Of course I do not want them to break in any way (or have to rebuild the site if not necessary!)

Thanks!

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Roubion, could I ask which Forms you are concerned with?
    Thanks in advance
    Dj

3. Roubion

Roubion New Member

Hi Dj,
    My apologies as this was more meant as a 'general' question from a 'non coder'. After getting the message from the provider I did a search to see if Muse would still work with PHP 7.3 and I came across several mentions especially of forms breaking and of Adobe not being able/wanting to help as the product is EOL. I am discussing transferring these sites to W/C but would like these sites to stay up a bit longer if possible. Thanks in advance for any info in this matter.

4. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Roubion, thanks for the info.
    It’s unlikely that an upgrade of PHP version by your Muse site server will affect your site or forms. In our testing, we’ve found that the older PHP v7.1 runs fine on newer versions (such as the now current v7.3.8). It’s possible that certain server configurations may cause issues we have not seen, but when configured correctly, we’re not seeing PHP issues.
    I hope this helps
    Thanks
    Dj

5. Roubion

Roubion New Member

Hi Dj,

Thank you for your reply. I'll be upgrading soon and am confident it will work out. If not I'll just be migrating these sites to W/C a lot sooner! Thanks again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.