Solved Mumblr - where is the date

Discussion in 'Mumblr' started by New Member 01, Feb 15, 2016.

1. New Member 01

New Member 01 Member

I don't why, but Mumblr doesn't show the date of the posts.

Where should it be?

How could I fix this? (I can't even display the date of the posts in Tumblr, although I managed to insert the appropriate codes after the Text, Photo, etc. section. It shows in Preview, but then it doesn't show anything even in the normal Tumblr mode.)

Thanks in advance for the answer

2. Norman Durkee

Norman Durkee Well-Known Member Moderator

Hey @New Member 01 , by default the "show dates" should be enabled, can you post a picture or your Mumblr fly out panel please so I can take a look?

3. New Member 01

New Member 01 Member

Thanks for the answer, here is the

original Tumblr page, the date doesn't show here either:

Tumblr sample.png Tumblr sample.png Mumblr sample 1.png Mumblr sample 2.png

4. Norman Durkee

Norman Durkee Well-Known Member Moderator

Hey @New Member 01 , my apologieze about the late response it seems I missed it when you replied back, as for the problem your having, because it is not showing on Tumblr itself, that I believe is an issue with Tumblr and not the widget, the widget is designed to pull the information from Tumblr, so if Tumblr is not showing the date then Mumblr wont either. I would contact Tumblr customer support and run the question by them as for why your dates are not showing on your post's on your account. Im sorry I couldn't be of more help, but if you have anymore questions please feel free to ask!

5. New Member 01

New Member 01 Member

Thanks for the answer, the date problem has been solved. In fact, my tumblr account didn't have it by default, so I had to make the re-edit Tumblr in HTML, I had to add the following code after each {block:Text, Photo, etc} tag:

{block:Date} {block:NewDayDate} {DayOfWeek}, {Month}
    {DayOfMonth}, {Year} {/block:NewDayDate} {/block:Date}

After that it appeared in the proper way in Tumblr, too, though if You want to change the month to another language, You have to re-edit the exported html again, since the widget doesn't have it as an option.

6. New Member 01

New Member 01 Member

I will have some questions on the Tumblr widget further on.

7. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

New, please post a new thread if the topic is different.
    Thanks
    Dj

8. Viktor Sh.

Viktor Sh. New Member

I switch on the set date in Russian, but the widget displays in English, how to solve the problem?

9. New Member 01

New Member 01 Member

Although I'm not a muse-themes widget professional, I think the only way to change the language of the date is to export the whole site as HTML, then You have to re-edit the index.html file as far as the dates are concerned, then save it again, and finally upload the whole folder to the server.

The only problem with this is that you (or the client) can't edit the sketch of the site with in-browser editing because it only allows online editing when it was uploaded directly from Muse.

(Of course all the latest news will work with both tumblr and mumblr, but you can only edit them in the Desktop version of Muse.)

I think this is the only way since the widget doesn't contain this as an option.

10. New Member 01

New Member 01 Member

I already tried it, and it works, but I think only this way.

11. Viktor Sh.

Viktor Sh. New Member