Sticky Mumblr Update - User Testing

Discussion in 'Mumblr' started by Steve Harris, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Darron

Darron Active Member

Nope, everything's good on my end. Excellent work!

2. Norman Durkee

Norman Durkee Well-Known Member Moderator

Ive deleted my last post. My apologies, I was able to achieve the desired look by setting columns with a character limit.

3. Norman Durkee

I have noticed something while using the column view. Now this may just be the behavior of column view but Im not sure as I don't normally use that option, if this is normal behavior just let me know. If you look at the attached demo site when I set the widget to a Gallery with 5 columns, and I set a character limit of 160 and I test it, if there is a photo on the post it seems to over ride the character limit. All the posts are 150 characters except of course the photo post, that has 541 characters being shown.

Demo: http://mumblrbetatest2.businesscatalyst.com/index.html

4. gtdesigns

gtdesigns Member

The issue I reported before about the "X" being a little off in the lightbox is for long posts which have a scroll bar if that helps.

Also, I have noticed that when I add a character limit I get some odd characters at the end of the text like "&" and "am" I do not have this demoed on a live site to show you, sorry.

5. Steve Harris

Steve Harris Museologist Staff Member Moderator

I just encountered the same thing while doing our video update. Discussed with Kevin, and the "read more" functionality only works on regular text posts. But... you can add images / media to regular posts, using the little gear that comes up in the editor. So that would be the best way to achieve character limiting with media.

Another interesting thing - if you place the image at the start of the blog post, our widget actually reads the character count of the image code itself. So you may need to set your character limit much higher than expected to start seeing the text content that comes after the image.

Still tweaking... ;)

6. Norman Durkee

That method totally works! I have some more testing to do on the use of images and how it effects with posts, I have been doing some testing on how the process is for posting on Tumblr from mobile app and how it appears on Mumblr, alot of my clients like the fact that they can update and post to the site from there phones. I have noticed that within the Tumblr App you can only add photo's if you select to create a photo post, if you create a regular text post you cannot paste or add images from within the app. So that then circles back around to the initial issue. This is a problem with Tumblr and I completely understand that. I just thought it would be helpful for people to know in case it comes up in the future as an issue.

You guys keep on tweakin Steve! :D

Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
  7. Steve Harris

Hey Norman - we tweaked this problem away. Now you have control over character limits on photo posts specifically. We've packaged up our final version and will be releasing it tomorrow with all these improvements. Thanks everyone for your help!! This has been really great. We're going to start using the forum more often for testing upcoming releases, so if you're interested... ;)

Norman Durkee likes this.
  8. Norman Durkee

Just when you thought it couldn't get any better, lol Christmas is coming early tomorrow! Awesome work gentlemen! Its like impossible is nothing for you guys.

I can get behind that idea!

9. Steve Harris

The honest truth here is the only thing that limits our development is limitations in MUSE itself. Our main dev (Kevin) is a serious ninja, but sometimes Muse just doesn't give us the control we need. He finds sneaky ways to get around it usually though!

10. Norman Durkee

You the man @Kevin DuCommun! Thank you for all your hard work! It is greatly appreciated.

11. Norman Durkee

I believe I have discovered a bug. If I set Mumblr to only show Photo's and I put them in a gallery style It works awesome in FireFox, just like it should. However, if I view that same page in Internet Explorer or Edge browser (Tested on Windows 10) it will shift and push everything to the left of the screen. Attached is a site I am currently working on for a client and I used Mumblr to display her Art as well her Upcoming Shows. I discovered this bug during out meeting today when she opened up her laptop and went to the link from Internet explorer. Below is the site, navigate to the "Art" page.

@Kevin DuCommun

Site: http://cindyfox.businesscatalyst.com/

Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
  12. Dmitry

Dmitry Member

Hey there.

Some of the issues became obsolete with the latest 11.3 update, however some of them remain. Is there any chance to fix these:

-Regular Tumblr audio posts don't work on a mobile (plugin not supported)

-On certain occasions widget is only showing one entry and a "load more" button even if I will set 3 or 4 or 5.. items per page. For me it happens especially often when I only have audio posts enabled.

-Conversation posts do not represent the Tumblr format , they just appear as a plain text

Thanks

@Kevin DuCommun @Steve Harris

13. Godless Glen

Godless Glen New Member

@Steve Harris Any more word regarding the mobile issue for tumblr posts? I'm not a paying member here yet but this one plugin for muse will really help me with my new site. I just need to make sure the tumblr audio will work on mobile.

14. Brandon

Brandon Widgetsman Staff Member Advisory Group

@Godless Glen @Dmitry @Norman Durkee

We have noted the issues you have mentioned, and we're currently testing and working on fixes. I'm thinking that these will be do-able, so we should be able to push an update soon for these.

Thanks!

15. Brandon

Hello All,

We've just released an update of Mumblr (v11.4). This update has fixed most of the issues discussed recently in this thread.

Highlights:
    • Fixed issue causing the widget to show only one entry and a "load more" button even if set to a higher value
    • Fixes issue where right-hand columns are delayed or fail to load when the widget display mode is set to gallery.
    • Fixes content loading bug in Internet Explorer
    • Content loading is smoother and more stable on both initial load and content load when the "Load More" button is clicked

Please note:
    For users having trouble with Tumblr's audio player when viewed on mobile, unfortunately Tumblr uses Flash for their audio player. Since most phones don't support Flash, most mobile users will have trouble using Tumblr's audio player. We don't have any way to work around this. We would suggest using Soundcloud or Spotify for audio files. Both sources have embed code you can grab and use in Tumblr when creating audio posts. This should allow for functional audio posts on mobile devices.

Cheers

16. Norman Durkee

Awesome I just tested to check the internet explorer loading bug, and its working like a charm. Thank you!

17. Brandon

Forgot to mention, this update also fixes an issue users were seeing on mobile feeds where video containers extended beyond the screen.

Cheers

18. Jesse

Jesse Well-Known Member

Is there a way to:
    • give more space between Mumblr blog posts?
    • change the size of the date?
    • make a graphic style for the load more button?
    Let me know.

19. Ricardo Hudson

Ricardo Hudson Member

My footer is being overlapped by Mumblr even after doing the trick shown in the video. Any help with this?

20. Dmitry

Dmitry Member

@Brandon Hey =) I though it would be nice to have an option in mumblr for special post styling when some tag is added to a post. For example I'll add #markup in Tumblr and then in Mumblr widget I'll have a special styling pane for that tag where I can change the background color, fonts and other styling. For ex. I can highlight some special news like that. Thanks