Sticky Mumblr Update - User Testing

Discussion in 'Mumblr' started by Steve Harris, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Steve Harris

Steve Harris Museologist Staff Member Moderator

Hi Guys,

We're getting ready to push out updates to our Mumblr widget based on your great feedback. If you're interested in helping us test the new version within the next couple of days, drop us a line on this thread!

Cheers
    SH

CURRENT BETA LINK FOR TESTING:
    http://www.muse-themes.com/products/beta-testing-widget

(To download, ensure you are logged in to your MT account and click Download)

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
    Dirk K. likes this.
  2. gtdesigns

gtdesigns Member

I am interested in testing.

3. Kevin DuCommun

Kevin DuCommun Developer Staff Member

I just wanted to give an overview of the planned features and fixes for the upcoming update. These may change for be refined throughout the development process:

1. Enable or disable the load more button
    2. Read More capability with the option to set a desired character limit for regular posts, after which it produce a read more button linking you to the full post.
    3. Better handling of different video formats
    4. Better handling of multiple photos
    5. Support for preserving formatting in regular posts
    6. Increase the maximum limit of 20 posts coming from Tumblr
    7. Ensure proper operation when used on secure pages

4. Darron

Darron Active Member

I'm ready for testing!

5. Scott

Scott Member

I'm interested in trying it out. Working on a new project right now and need to try the new features.

6. Christina

Christina New Member

I would love to try it! Great widget but would really like the read more to work. Thanks!

7. Steve Harris

Thanks everyone! We're pushing out a new widget tomorrow (a navigation system) and then we plan to spend the rest of the day and Thursday tweaking Mumblr. I should have a new version for you in a day or two to try out. Cheers

gtdesigns and Darron like this.
  8. Steve Harris

Hey all - so we're nearly there. We've got the following changes ready to go:

1. Implemented enable / disable of load more button and functionality
    2. Implemented read more functionality with character limit
    3. Implemented filter by tag functionality
    4. Fixed missing tumblr formatting in regular posts
    5. Improved rendering to eliminate block overlap in some instances
    6. Implemented custom text field for load more button text
    7. Added support for usage on secure sites
    8. Increased maximum upper level limit of posts
    9. Fixed image distortion and improved handling of photosets
    10. Better handling of different video formats and controls

Kevin also managed to find a way to filter posts by a tag, so you can just show posts that are tagged with “muse” or something - opens up a lot of possibilities for organizing different content areas of your site using a single tumblr blog.

We're just working on splitting the panel up into two widgets (it's huge now and doesn't fit on small screens). Once we do I'll post a file for you to try...

Cheers!

9. Steve Harris

Hey All - I've added a link to our new version in the very first post on this thread. Let us know what you think!

Norman Durkee likes this.
  10. Brandon

Brandon Widgetsman Staff Member Advisory Group

Hello All,

Quick note: We're still working on splitting the widget into 2 components to make the options panel manageable. At the moment, you will notice that the panel is HUGE! You will want to test this beta version on a higher rez display if at all possible. We wanted to get the new features in and get a headstart on testing before splitting up the panel since that will be more challenging than some of the other updates.

Cheers

11. Norman Durkee

Norman Durkee Well-Known Member Moderator

You guys are amazing! Beta Widget fixes and adds so much to Mumblr is crazy. I understand this is a beta and I would love to help give feedback and do my part during my time testing to help get this thing perfected, how/where would I go to share any bugs discovered?

12. Steve Harris

Thanks Norman! We really appreciate your comments - so glad to hear the new version is making Mumblr even better. Feel free to share feedback right here in the forum. We'll be watching it all day ;)

13. Norman Durkee

Awesome thank you Steve. So the bug that I have discovered is that when you I have 2 Mumblr (Beta) Widgets on the canvas, 1 large one set to display just a single post with "load more" disabled, and a smaller section on the side set to display recent pots with "load more" enabled, if you click "load more" for the most recent post's it will shrink the larger post and add a "read more" button to it. I know this may sound confusing so ive added the demo site I uploaded, as well as my Muse file. I am testing on the current public release of Muse.
    Also, for the main blog I used a test blog I set up as well as the awesome Bob Ross Lipsum Just incase you read it and it sounded weird lol.

Demo Site: http://mubmlrbetabug.businesscatalyst.com/

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2015
  14. Brandon

Great feedback @Norman Durkee - thanks! We're looking into this right now.

Norman Durkee likes this.
  15. Kevin DuCommun

Thanks for the detailed explanation @Norman Durkee , This is a wierd one, I'll see if I can track this one down.

16. Norman Durkee

@Kevin DuCommun Absolutely, I believe I may have discovered something else, if you click the " load more " button it will expand down, now the last post in the list does not show a "read more" button. But if you fallow the "read more" button that appears on the top, it will take you to that last post on the right side and has no connection to the main post.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
  17. Brandon

Update: We've updated Mumblr beta with version beta 3. Feel free to re-download from the same place (link is in the first post).

This version includes the following updates:
    11. Created separate style widget panel for better compatibility with smaller screens and allow for additional options.
    12. Added parameters to control load more button background and text color
    13. Added ability to customize spacing between gallery blocks

@Norman Durkee - we've also added a fix for the issue you posted

18. Norman Durkee

Someone get these men a drink! Very fast and awesome work! Thank you! :)

BlueDogUSA likes this.
  19. Darron

Darron Active Member

No issues for me yet.
    However, I thought that the READ MORE link would open its content in a lightbox.
    Am I mistaken?

20. Kevin DuCommun

@Darron No, the read more is just simply a link that takes you to the full post on tumblr. I am going to change the target however so it opens a new tab/window

Darron likes this.