Mumblr Text Formatting

Discussion in 'Mumblr' started by Gavan, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Gavan

Gavan New Member

Is there a way to alter the text formatting (i.e. bold, italics. etc...) in the Mumblr formatting widget? I'm moving a meeting date notification over to Mumblr so I can update the information without having to open Muse but I'd like to match the font and style of other text on my site. It is pretty simple. It is only Arial Bold but I can't seem to get it to format correctly. I only get regular Arial, which is too light. I've tried changing fonts to Arial Black but that is too heavy.

Do I have to (or can I) edit the HTML?

Thanks.

2. Norman Durkee

Norman Durkee Well-Known Member Moderator

Hey @Gavan , Yes actually you can adjust the font to be bold with alittle CSS, you will just need to edit the CSS within the browser, and then copy and paste the style into Muse. Have you had a chance to check out Steve's tutorial on CSS? In the video he shows how to change the EcWid widget, but the same principles and steps apply to almost all other widgets, including Mumblr, I have actually styled a few Mumblr blogs on Muse beyond what the widget allows using this method. If you have any questions please feel free to ask! It may be alittle bit to understand if your not used to working with CSS but once you get the hang of it, its really simple and can come in handy for future projects.

Video
    : http://fast.wistia.net/embed/iframe/efxbm7b62v?popover=true