Solved Mumblr quit showing up...

Discussion in 'Mumblr' started by uncagedcreative, Mar 30, 2016.

1. uncagedcreative

uncagedcreative Active Member

it was working fine earlier today as I tested adding many mumblr widgets to a website that shows each artist on my client's blog using hashtags, now it doesn't load at all. Any ideas? Did something with Tumblr change today?

http://cantrellgallery.businesscatalyst.com/artists.html

2. ECDesignLLC

ECDesignLLC New Member

It quit working for me today as well. Not good, I have a client that is using it for some CMS

3. Dallas

Dallas Member

quit working on all my sites today as well. perhaps tumblr changed something?

4. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

All, I have to believe this is a Tumblr issue. We haven't touched the widget and I'm not aware of Muse being the problem either.
    I would talk with the Tumblr support team.
    Dj

5. Dallas

Dallas Member

DJ, I am assuming they have changed something on their end which needs immediate updating in the Mumblr widget, no?

6. ECDesignLLC

ECDesignLLC New Member

Tumblr works fine on it's own...

7. Dallas

Dallas Member

Correct, however the Mumblr widget (which relies on Tumblr) does not. Am I missing something?

8. ECDesignLLC

ECDesignLLC New Member

We are in agreement, it would seem something with the widget is suddenly incompatible with Tumblr.

9. Ruben Combariza

Ruben Combariza New Member

I was in the middle of a presentation with a client I am currently offering a solution with mumblr as a CMS for their page. I was so exited presenting the solution and when I refreshed the page it just stopped showing content. DjHerold, is there a solution being worked on right know, not to mention the shame from my client's disappointment face, I really love the widget and I'm starting to really know how to get the best out of mumblr. Any close solution? Please let me know.

10. asw

asw New Member

I just tried to use the mumblr widget and it won't pull in any posts. I even followed along and did exactly everything with the video tutorial (even used life as the sample blog) and that wasn't working either. :(

11. DjHerold

Guys, we believe that Tumblers API service might be down. We are trying to find out more.

Dj

12. DjHerold

So far what we know is the Tumblr API service, the link that ties our widget to their service, is down.
    We can't get any confirmation that they have removed it, and there is even some of their files still up. But some, including what we need is gone.
    We will continue to try to figure this out, and when their API comes back on line, the posts will all be there.
    I'll try to keep you up to date as soon as I know anything.
    Dj

13. uncagedcreative

uncagedcreative Active Member

It appears to be working again. I had written Tumblr earlier asking if something had changed or failed. No response but it's back up and running, thankfully!

14. BitBox Creative

BitBox Creative Member

It doesn't work for me at all. Not in Muse or online. I set up a new account, posted a few posts but they will not show. The demo account does work, but not my new account.

15. DjHerold

BitBox, is your account set to 'Public'?
    Dj

16. BitBox Creative

BitBox Creative Member

Aren't Tumblr blogs public by default? I didn't see any options to set the account to Public. I also set up a secondary blog, made sure not to check the "make blog private" and still nothing shows up in Muse or in tests or online.

17. DjHerold

Bit, you're probably correct, I've only used Tumblr as Private.
    But, back to your issue, what I have a concern with is, you say the default blog works fine.
    That makes me believe you've something set up incorrectly.
    I recommend you place a support ticket (support>contact us). They can look at your file and see what is wrong.
    Sorry
    Dj

18. BitBox Creative

BitBox Creative Member

Thanks DJ - will do. I pretty sure I have to be missing something too. If we get it solved I'll be sure to post the solution here.