Mumblr Does Not Work With Internet Explorer

Discussion in 'Mumblr' started by Norman Durkee, Dec 27, 2015.

1. Norman Durkee

Norman Durkee Well-Known Member Moderator

I have tested this on Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Firefox, Chrome, Safari (all up to date). And it works awesome for the other 3 besides Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer. If you have a gallery with any number of columns set, Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer will push Mumblr to the left side of the screen into a single column. I have tried to set Mumblr to 100% width, but that was of no help. We all know how bad I.E is, but unfortunately there are people, my stubborn client included, that still insist on using it.
    Hope everyone had an awesome Christmas! and an amazing new year.

Demo Site: http://mumblrietest.businesscatalyst.com
    (This is a new site with just Mumblr v11.3 on the canvas)

Mumblr.png

2. Norman Durkee

On further testing it seems that if the "Load More" option is clicked while in Internet Explorer then then the problem fixes itself.

3. Steve Harris

Steve Harris Museologist Staff Member Moderator

Hey Norman - I've seen this before actually. It happened to me once in testing, but I couldn't replicate the problem.

I'll pass it along to Kevin and we can get it fixed up asap. Many thanks for posting the bug!

@Kevin DuCommun

Norman Durkee likes this.
  4. Norman Durkee

Thank you @Steve Harris and @Kevin DuCommun for looking into this. I have tried multiple different blogs besides my own including the Life blog used in the Demo just to make sure with the same result. For now a restyled Tumblr page and an iFrame has been my band aid for this lol. Hope you all had an amazing holiday and a happy new year!

5. Zivo

Zivo Member

is there any news regarding the fix for Microsoft edge?
    in internet explorer 11 on windows 7 works fine 1 out of 3 time, but edge on windows 10 not working at all
    always 1 column and there is another issue but minor, the padding on top is different what makes the space from top change