Mumbler widget not working with pushy panes widget

Discussion in 'Mumblr' started by rmjjkj, Jan 7, 2016.

1. rmjjkj

rmjjkj Member

Hello,

On this page, http://www.apostolicfaithchurchportlandoregon.org/portland-copy-copy.html, I did not assign a master page that included the pushy pane widget, (I just copied master page footer and header, menu not working though), so the mumblr widget displays fine, though images are not coming through. As soon as I assign a master page that includes pushy panes (where my main nav menu resides), the widget does not display correctly.

Any fix on this would be greatly appreciated. Two issues: widget does not work with pushy pane nav menus and images do not pull through.

Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. Norman Durkee

Norman Durkee Well-Known Member Moderator

Hello @rmjjkj , If I read that correctly you are having issues with Mumlr displaying with the Pushy Pans widget on the master page, I am not seeing any buttons to open the Pushy Pan on that link, is there on?
    If not can you make another page with the Pushy Pans on it demonstrating the issue so we can understand better?

3. rmjjkj

rmjjkj Member

4. Norman Durkee

I see what your saying now, it seems that the problem is partly fixed by pressing the 2 "load more" buttons, I believe this would be something the experts would better be able to help solve @Kevin DuCommun

In my understanding there are some instances the Pushy Panes may interfere with other components on the page due to the code it has to write into Muse (please correct me if I am wrong on that Kevin).

5. rmjjkj

rmjjkj Member

6. Norman Durkee

By pictures are you referring to photo post's not showing up, or the photo's that are in the post's currently on the page?
    I would also check to make sure that the "Enable Photo Post's" is marked in the fly out panel on the widget.

7. rmjjkj

rmjjkj Member

8. Norman Durkee

So when you take pushy pans off the page everything works correctly? As for the photo's within the post's not showing until you press "Read More" it may be because they are to far down in the post beyond the set character limit, and you may need to move 1 of the photo's to the top of the post for it to show.

9. rmjjkj

rmjjkj Member

10. Norman Durkee

Interesting, do you mind providing me the Tumblr Username you are using so I may do a few tests?

11. rmjjkj

rmjjkj Member

Sure. It is theapostolicfaithchurch.

12. Norman Durkee

Thank you, so I have changed the character limit up to 450 for the "Regular Posts" and that showed the photo on the "Our Pastors" post as well as the text. Try that character limit and let me know if that helps you.

13. rmjjkj

rmjjkj Member

14. rmjjkj

rmjjkj Member

Yes! That did it. Success on having the image show on Our Pastor, http://www.apostolicfaithchurchportlandoregon.org/portland-copy-copy.html. Thank you. Now, the second issue, is being to able to add the pushy pane nav menu back in. I trust Kevin will come up with a solution on that. One more question, if I may.

One this page, http://www.apostolicfaithchurchportlandoregon.org/pdx-photos.html, is this what I can expect from a photo post in Tumblr? Why aren't the images spaced better? And why the white space after the first thumbnail?

Perhaps, I need to post images as a text post for better layout presentation?

Thanks again!

15. rmjjkj

rmjjkj Member

16. Norman Durkee

Awesome! I'm glad that worked for you, for the photo spacing I believe posting them as text post's would allow them to be spaced better as you said, also try and space them from the actual Tumblr post itself. Also adjust the content padding in Mumblr that will help as well. As for the January 3rd post I am not sure why it's doing that, it may be because of the video, that's another situation for the master @Kevin DuCommun to take a look at.

rmjjkj likes this.
  17. Brandon

Brandon Widgetsman Staff Member Advisory Group

Hey Guys,

We've just released an update of Mumblr (v11.4). This update focused mainly on content loading, both on initial load and content load when the "Load More" button is clicked. This issue should fix the issue where right-hand columns are delayed or fail to load when the widget display mode is set to gallery. The problems seen in Internet Explorer are fixed as well.

@rmjjkj, feel free to grab the new version of the widget HERE

Thanks!

18. rmjjkj

rmjjkj Member

Wonderful changes to the widget but it still does not work with the pushy panel nav menu, http://www.apostolicfaithchurchportlandoregon.org/portland.html.

Also, when inserting a video from Vimeo, the lightbox layout gets totally messed up, http://www.apostolicfaithchurchportlandoregon.org/pdx-photos.html, PORTLAND NEWS, January 3 . . . .

And the post, MUSIC Video Tuturial: Rehearsing a Choir, the video does not display. Not sure why. The Music History video is uploaded to Vimeo as well but that one does show, which makes me think that it is not the 350 character limit I have set.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
  19. Kevin DuCommun

Kevin DuCommun Developer Staff Member

I'm going to be taking a look into the Pushy Panes compatibility issues as well as other compatibility issues with widgets. Pushy Panes is a tricky one due to the nature of how it has to restructure the page. This, in conjunction with the dynamically added content written by mumblr after pushy panes page manipulation, causes things to get a bit wierd. I'm going to try to find a way to get these two playing nice with each other.

20. rmjjkj

rmjjkj Member

Great. Thank you!