Dismiss Notice
FORUM SHUTDOWN NOTICE: Due to inactivity and the end-of-life of Adobe Muse, we've made the decision to shut down and archive our forum as of Oct 28, 2020. Be sure to check out our new website creation tool Without Code (www.wocode.com) - thanks again for your support!

Multiple Mumblrs on Same Page Overlap Issues

Discussion in 'Mumblr' started by Janine Lazur, Mar 17, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Janine Lazur

Janine Lazur Member

I need multiple Mumblr widgets on a page because I'm using it to put client services into categories. By using unique IDs per Mumblr widget I got that to work. Initially I had layout issues if I just had the multiple mumblr widgets under the category name. The Mumblrs would sometimes overlap the category name or overlap other Mumblrs. I got around that by putting the subhead and a mumblr widget in a container. Multiple subheads and multiple mumbler widgets in a container didn't work though -- all the subheads rose to the top and Mumblrs sank to the bottom, even thought that's not what my Muse file looked like.

Anyway, I am sticking to one subhead and one mumblr per container -- and I have multiple containers per page. That is working well with the exception of some overlap within the mumblr itself.
    [​IMG]

The bottom row the screengrab above (and in other tests I've done) often overlaps the row above it. It fixes itself if I refresh or or I change the browser window size BUT I know users won't know to do that and it makes the site look like it's malfunctioning, which will reflect badly on my client.

I have tried making the Mumblr widget box taller but that doesn't help. Any ideas?

This is the staging site where I'm testing. http://wagstaging.businesscatalyst.com/services.html I have a 1200px breakpoint with 3 cols for the gallery and a 960 breakpoint with 2 columns. The overlap problem happens in both and it happens in other Mumblr widgets too, not just the one shown in the screengrab.

The screengrab is from Max OS X 10.11.3, Safari 9.03
    The site is built using the latest version of Muse 2015.1.1.21 with Mumblr 1.2

2. Janine Lazur

Janine Lazur Member

I think I answered my own question. I have a full width blue bar below the Mumblr I showed in my question (not shown in the previous post but shown below). By moving making that bar further down on the page in Muse, I got the Mumblr overlap problem to stop.

Ha, but now that box is flush right instead of flush left. If I change the browser window size, it jumps left then right if I keep moving it. It's not nearly as bad a problem to have as cards overlapping.

[​IMG]

But if anyone reading this knows of any solutions to stop overlapping, let me know. Thanks.