Multiple Mumblrs on Same Page Overlap Issues

Discussion in 'Mumblr' started by Janine Lazur, Mar 17, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Janine Lazur

Janine Lazur Member

I need multiple Mumblr widgets on a page because I'm using it to put client services into categories. By using unique IDs per Mumblr widget I got that to work. Initially I had layout issues if I just had the multiple mumblr widgets under the category name. The Mumblrs would sometimes overlap the category name or overlap other Mumblrs. I got around that by putting the subhead and a mumblr widget in a container. Multiple subheads and multiple mumbler widgets in a container didn't work though -- all the subheads rose to the top and Mumblrs sank to the bottom, even thought that's not what my Muse file looked like.

Anyway, I am sticking to one subhead and one mumblr per container -- and I have multiple containers per page. That is working well with the exception of some overlap within the mumblr itself.
    [​IMG]

The bottom row the screengrab above (and in other tests I've done) often overlaps the row above it. It fixes itself if I refresh or or I change the browser window size BUT I know users won't know to do that and it makes the site look like it's malfunctioning, which will reflect badly on my client.

I have tried making the Mumblr widget box taller but that doesn't help. Any ideas?

This is the staging site where I'm testing. http://wagstaging.businesscatalyst.com/services.html I have a 1200px breakpoint with 3 cols for the gallery and a 960 breakpoint with 2 columns. The overlap problem happens in both and it happens in other Mumblr widgets too, not just the one shown in the screengrab.

The screengrab is from Max OS X 10.11.3, Safari 9.03
    The site is built using the latest version of Muse 2015.1.1.21 with Mumblr 1.2

2. Janine Lazur

Janine Lazur Member

I think I answered my own question. I have a full width blue bar below the Mumblr I showed in my question (not shown in the previous post but shown below). By moving making that bar further down on the page in Muse, I got the Mumblr overlap problem to stop.

Ha, but now that box is flush right instead of flush left. If I change the browser window size, it jumps left then right if I keep moving it. It's not nearly as bad a problem to have as cards overlapping.

[​IMG]

But if anyone reading this knows of any solutions to stop overlapping, let me know. Thanks.