Solved MNHTN Theme Collections Page

Discussion in 'Templates' started by nicolem, May 21, 2016.

Tags:
  1. nicolem

nicolem Member

For some reason when I try to copy the grid layout on the collections page into my site, the boxes aren't scaling in response to the page size. Instead they are displaying as the size they are in the design layout and are aligned to the left side of the page. Am I missing something completely obvious. I have it set to "stretch to browser width" just like in the MNHTN template file. See attached image. Screen Shot 2016-05-21 at 3.19.12 PM.png

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Nicole's, if I remember correctly there is code imbedded in the page that allows it to do that.
    Right click on the page in the template and choose "edit html". You can use that code on your page.
    Dj

3. nicolem

nicolem Member

I'm not seeing any option when I right click to "edit html." I can go into page properties to view the metadata but there's nothing there for the collections page.

There's something in the metadata of the Master Page this page is based on:
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="assets/grid.css">

I tried pasting that into both the metadata in page properties as well as Object > Insert html but neither worked.

4. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

nicolem, I'm sorry, you are correct, it's in the meta data, not the html.
    Bare with me and let's try this. MAKE A COPY of your site in case this doesn't work. Go to your Master page, then go to add files for upload. Find the CSS file called 'Grid' in the MNHTN files. Add that file to upload. Now go to your Master and in the page properties add the Meta data you listed in your post to your sites master. Try you site now.
    There may be one more step, and I'm trying to find it (while you try this step). What it is, and it's been a long time so I apologize, is some meta data you place in your "collections" page properties that says something to the affect of telling your page to inherit the CSS of the Master. BUT, I'm not sure if it's required. I'll keep checking and let me know what you get in the mean time.
    Thanks
    Dj

5. nicolem

nicolem Member

This worked! Awesome, thank you so much!