Min width for tiles? Won't break past two items per row.

Discussion in 'Connect - CSV Widgets' started by joshuataylormusic, Mar 9, 2018.

1. joshuataylormusic

joshuataylormusic New Member

Hello all! Using Uniform Grid Gallery (Gallery Connect v1.1, Muse v2018.0), I can't seem to find a way to allow a row of tiles to break past a minimum of 2 tiles per row. Basically what I was hunting for was a minimum tile width specifier, or some alternative like a minimum column number (rather than row number) specifier, but I could find no such option. The goal is for small browser widths to display only a single tile per row.

Through a little experimentation, I have found that even at huge tile sizes, I can only get the gallery to display a minimum of 2 tiles per row, which it scales to match browser width.

BONUS: If there is also a way to make the tiles scale responsively at all widths (i.e., tile width uses %), then break at a specified min width (can specify tile min width), that would be even better.

Thanks for your help!

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

joshua, take a look at the screen shot I've loaded.
    Is this what you are asking for?
    Dj
    gallery.JPG

3. joshuataylormusic

Thanks for your response, DJ.

That's precisely what I'm looking for, however, my CSV (loaded via the default link on the widget and saved and modified per the tutorial instructions) looks nothing like that. I've also noticed in other threads people referring to parameters that I don't see listed anywhere on my CSVs. Is there a some discrepancy between the CSV that's loaded when you click the link in the widget and the more robust CSVs I'm seeing people discuss?

This is what I have:
    Screen Shot 2018-03-09 at 1.35.38 PM.png

4. DjHerold

Joshua, you can save a copy of the Google Sheets file, just save it as a CSV file to your desktop.
    Let me know if this works for you.
    Dj

5. joshuataylormusic

Sorry for the delay responding! I was out of the country for a while.

Which CSV file are you suggesting I save? Did I not see another attachment in this thread? Just to be clear, what I'm saying is that the CSV file I have access to is not the one you sent me a screen shot of.

Thanks again for your help.

6. DjHerold

joshua, I apologize for the confusion, it seems we have a file issue that I missed.
    First, let me answer your question again (hopefully correctly this time).
    Using the Uniform grid, I do not believe you can go to a single row, I've tried multiple combinations with no luck. I have a question in to the team on this also (so if I get something soon, I will pass it along).
    You can using get what you want with the Mosaic Grid option.
    This leads me back to my error (just as an FYI).
    I typically use Google Sheets (which should be Identical to the CSV), so when I originally answered your question I pulled up the Google sheet example from with in the widget (at the Bottom). Unfortunately I didn't realize we have our example on line doc flipped.
    When you are in the Uniform Grid widget, you get the Mosaic Gallery sheet, and vice versa.
    So the example I showed you didn't match with your CSV because I was showing the wrong layout (I was showing the Mosaic gallery, which can be adjusted to what you wanted).
    I hope this make some sense, and again, I apologize.
    Dj