Solved Media Pro Gallery bug?

Discussion in 'Media Pro Gallery' started by WestCoastDude, Jun 15, 2017.

1. WestCoastDude

WestCoastDude Member

I'm having this weird issue with the widget.

Works well with 3 categories when I add the 4th one here is what happens.
    When you first access the page the is not full page, there is a filter applied and the category button don't work properly. You click any buttons, it briefly loads the proper category (like a split second) and it then loads the "selection" category instead. When I delete the "selection category in Muse, everything works fine.

http://mdv-test.businesscatalyst.com/index.html

Also is there a way to specify a category to load as default when accessing the page as opposed to all?

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

West, first off, nice site. I really liked it.
    I asked one of the developers to look at this and he will get back to me as soon as he can check things out.
    In the meantime, could you check your buttons for me. They seem to have some overlap in smaller BP's, and some aren't clickable at all.
    I'm sure you have, but double check your graphic style names for the collections, make sure no spaces or special characters ect.
    also, double check that no controller inadvertently got a graphic style name assigned to it.
    If that doesn't help, could you try setting up your collections on a new blank site with only the largest BP, nothing fancy but it will give me some insight into your set up.
    I'll let you know what I find.
    Thanks
    Dj

3. WestCoastDude

WestCoastDude Member

I checked all settings, graphic style assignment etc. no mistakes or typos.
    I copied pasted that whole gallery as is in a blank page (no master) with one BP as per your request and works fine.
    I went back to original page assigned no master (to get rid of navigation) the problem was still there.
    I then deleted all BP but the large one, problem was still there.

So I created another blank page and copied and pasted from the original page with break points this time and it works too! I have to manually re-line up my navigation bar and icons but at least now I can make this work now.
    That was a weird one!

So there is no way to load a specific category (as opposed to all) when the page loads?

Thanks for the compliment on my website :)

4. WestCoastDude

WestCoastDude Member

Actually I have to take that back. After re-organizing the buttons for the various break points I got that problem again. sigh

5. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

West, take a look at your Graphic styles. I believe your issue is that you have the canvas itself selected the same as your "Selection" button.
    Click off the canvas, you'll see that with nothing selected you have accidentally applied the Selection graphic style to your page.
    Remove this and the buttons work fine.
    Dj

6. WestCoastDude

WestCoastDude Member

Awesome thanks so much!