Solved Media Pro 2.0 image size setting missing from widget

Discussion in 'Media Pro Gallery' started by johnrjacobsen, Sep 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnrjacobsen

johnrjacobsen Active Member

In your documentation for this widget it states

Slideshow Settings Section
    • Transition Animation: Many transition styles are available for the transitions between slides.
    • Transition Easing: The easing of the transition between slides.
    • Transition Duration: The time it takes to transition from slide to slide (in milliseconds).
    • Video Maximum Width: This setting sets a maximum width for video thumbnails and playback.
    • Lightbox Gallery Width and Lightbox Gallery Height: These settings set the width and height of the lightbox. These settings are percentage based, so be sure to include a % on your value (e.g. 80%)
    • The following checkbox options in this section allow you to enable various options that will appear in the Lightbox. You may mix and match which options you wish to include.
    I can not find the width and height settings in the widget.

If you look at http://aliciaschmidt.businesscatalyst.com/works.html and give it a minute to load (I need to scale down the image sizes, when you open a slide show, the painting are covered up with the header and title sections of the page.

Any ideas would be welcome.

John

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

John, I don't remember this setting in the widget before (and obviously the new download doesn't have it).
    I've asked the Developers if this was an error in our Doc's or something changed in the widget.
    I'll post when I get something.
    Thank you
    Dj

3. johnrjacobsen

Thank you. Surely there is a way not have the labeling and navigation not encroach on the image.

4. johnrjacobsen

Found this in old Media Pro Forum from Steve Harris on Image Size question in 2016

Hey guys,

Here's something to try - we're going to embed some code into Muse.

On the page where you are using Media Pro, click Page > Page Properties > Metadata, and in the box that says "HTML for <head>" please enter this:

< style>
    .featherlight-content {
    width: 35% !important;
    }
    < style>

You can change the value that says 35% to any number you like, and this should impact the image size in the lightbox. Let me know if this works...

Thanks
    SH

Steve Harris, Jun 6, 201

5. DjHerold

John, did this work for you?
    I can pass this along , I agree the images shouldn't be overlayed.
    Dj

6. johnrjacobsen

I haven't tried it yet. Been busy in recovery efforts from Hurricane Irma. I am in Cape Coral, FL and while our home had minimal damage, we were under mandatory evacuation and just back in yesterday.

7. DjHerold

John, I totally understand, I have close friends in Port Richey.
    We're thinking of the people in Florida and Houston.
    Good Luck
    Dj

8. johnrjacobsen

I tried inserting the code to no effect.

9. johnrjacobsen

Dj, Have you heard from the development team?

10. DjHerold

John, this appeared to be an error in the documentation.
    The developer stated that this was something they had tried to include in a testing version but the responsive updates were causing too many errors and it was taken off the widget, but not the documentation.
    Is this happening with all images, no matter the sizing?
    Dj

11. DjHerold

John, one other thing, on our Demo, you'll see the same thing as with your site, the larger the images the more the light box adjusts to accommodate the image size. When I use smaller image sizes, they sit under and above those title overlays.
    Dj

12. johnrjacobsen

Thanks, I will try different sizing.
    John

13. johnrjacobsen

Okay, another problem in the documentation.

Dynamic Gallery is mentioned four times in the entire documentation (in red be;pw) but there is no Dynamic Gallery Section to be found.

Where is the section on how to use the dynamic gallery?

Gallery Component: The Main Settings Widget
    This component determines the location of the gallery on your web page and also contains the majority of the settings for Media Pro Gallery 2.0.

• Position the widget as you like (see "Positioning Gallery" section above)
    • Open the widget option panel.
    • Enter a Gallery ID. This field should match the Gallery ID's used in the associated Loader and Collection components.
    • Select a Gallery Type:.
      • Regular: This is a standard thumbnail gallery.
      • Standalone Thumbnail: This mode allows a single thumbnail to be displayed in place of a full gallery.
      • Dynamic: This mode allows the gallery to be launched from a single custom button. For details on this mode, see the "Dynamic Gallery" section below.
    • Gallery Ordering: This setting allows the thumbnails to be positioned in order, or shuffled.
    • Collection Display Style: This setting allows for use of custom or default buttons.
    • Collection Names: This field is where you will list your collection names. These names should exactly match the collection names used in the Loader Component. Collection names are case sensitive.
    • Standalone Thumbnail Index: This setting determines the ordering of the thumbnails when Standalone Thumbnail mode is enabled in the Gallery Type.
    • Dynamic Gallery Element: This field allows you to define the graphic style name used to associate the gallery with a custom button to trigger the gallery using the the Dynamic Gallery Type. For details, see the "Dynamic Gallery" section below.

14. johnrjacobsen

Also, My screen resolution is 3840 x 2160 and when I use the Media Pro 2.0 Loader, Gallery items section, I can only scroll down to item 4 unless I switch my monitor to vertical mode. That is a pain.

15. DjHerold

john, thank you, we do realize the documentation is incorrect, and as with the previous items, the team will get this straightened out.
    With the changes in Muse and the possibility of an Update in the near future, unfortunately the Docs have been taking a back seat.

To use the Dynamic Gallery, in the gallery portion of the widget, choose 'Dynamic Gallery from the drop down.
    Then, in the Dynamic Gallery Element, type a Graphic style, like "play'.
    Create a Button on your page, style it like you'd want it, and then assign a Graphic style name to it (in this instance 'play').
    Now, when the button is clicked on your page, a light box with your gallery will appear on the page.

As far as the issue with your Loader, you should have a scroll bar that allows you to move down to the other gallery items on the list.
    I don't have that resolution to be able to test it. I am sorry for that. If you want you could place a ticket with support and see if they can suggest something if the scroll bar does not appear for you.

Thanks for understanding
    Dj
    mpg1.JPG mpg2.JPG mpg3.JPG mpg4.JPG

16. johnrjacobsen

Thank you for your help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.