Solved Mandate font not available.

Discussion in 'Templates' started by Gustavo, Aug 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gustavo

Gustavo Member

Sometimes it happens that when I use a MT template has a font like "proxima nova" not in my plan and when I want to upload to a business catalyst site it keeps giving me an error because I don't have that font in my plan... So I go ahead and waste a lot of time to find that ...font... is there any easy and fast way to erase those fonts from my template so I can upload the website? Very frustrated... :-(

Mandate is a very nice template but to change the text across all breakpoints it takes time... guys, should be easy and faster...

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Gustavo, I'm sorry that this is causing you an issue, we often use multiple fonts in our templates to accent designs.
    Most of the time it's not an issue because with the Muse subscription, the typekit fonts are usually covered.
    In this case it sounds like you are not.
    Muse does not have a simple (let's say, find and replace) function for text.
    I know it's a lot of work to change an entire website, but the newer versions of Muse make it a bit easier.
    Any Font that's missing from your font selections will be Highlighted in Pink by Muse automatically for identification.
    And although there are multiple BP's in this template, there aren't a bunch of pages.
    The thing I do suggest that gets overlooked, is be mindful of 'States', sometimes they can have fonts residing in different states and can get missed. This is most commonly found when dealing with text in Button, ect.
    Hope this helps a bit
    Dj

3. Gustavo

Gustavo Member

Hi! thanks for your reply... what you say is that with my subscription I can use proxima nova font in my Typekit library?
    I am checking every paragraph/space to find the missing font... I can't believe is taking me so long...

4. DjHerold

Gustavo, you will need to check with Adobe to see if your particular subscription includes Typekit,
    In my plan I know that proxima nova is in typekit.
    Like I stated, with the latest versions of Muse, when a font is missing the system HighLights the font in Pink.
    I tried the template without being signed into typekit, all the proxima nova font were highlighted. When I signed into typekit and tried to re upload, all the fonts appeared as normal, with no highlights.
    Hope this helps
    Dj

5. Gustavo

Gustavo Member

Thank you Dj! I don't have that font in my plan, however I managed to find a single character (not in pink) of Proxima Nova font... so I replaced it and voilá! but lost a lot of time... thanks for all your help...:)

6. DjHerold

You are very welcome, I am very sorry for the issues, and will bring this type of thing up to the team.
    Good luck
    Dj

7. Ivo Vleugels

Ivo Vleugels New Member

Hi Dj. for your information....this has nothing to do with the font in the Typekit plan or not.
    You clearly missed something: https://helpx.adobe.com/muse/kb/error-400--font-not-available.html

Typekit has retired Alverata PE, Alverata Informal PE,Alverata Irregular PE, and Proxima Nova Soft font families from the Typekit Library and they are being replaced by the non-PE equivalently named fonts as found on the Alverata family page.

This causes many huge problems for a lot of Muse users and not only the ones using a template.

8. DjHerold

Ivo, thank you for your information, but I'm not sure the specific Font was really the intent of the post, rather than identifying and replacing Fonts in a template when the user doesn't have them (or they are not available).
    With the myriad of design possibilities, and both font and icon's available, no template can be designed to satisfy all users, it's a starting point.
    Having said that, as I stated, I have brought this up to the team, and I know they are working with our designers to bring new templates online with the use of more standard Fonts.
    Thanks
    Dj

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.