Major Error: JavaScript exception, page outside a breakpoint

Discussion in 'General Muse' started by jeffdietz, Mar 10, 2016.

1. jeffdietz

jeffdietz Well-Known Member

I am posting this in a new thread as well as it is urgent and wanted to make sure that it gets seen by someone in the know here.
    I get an error message attached and my site shows up as almost blank and none responsive to any break points.
    You can see the site currently at www.luxuryfriscoweddings.com

I have on the master for my pages after breakpoint 480 and smaller it goes to the Sidebar nagivation menu version 1.1.

Anyone know a solution to this? I found another thread on this but wasn't updated since the last week of February with no answers.

Attached Files:

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

jeff, I had replied just a moment ago in the other thread.
    I'm hoping that the widget updates we will be releasing over the next few days will cover this issue.
    Dj

3. Kevin DuCommun

Kevin DuCommun Developer Staff Member

Hello Jeff,

I just wanted to confirm that this particular issue has been fixed in our updates and will be released in the next few days.

4. jeffdietz

Can you be a bit more targeted with that? I have found one some places say "a few days" it is three weeks later. know what I mean?

5. DjHerold

Jeff, we are releasing an update as was stated, in the next few days. I have been told that the first of them is coming out tomorrow.
    I do not have a specific widget schedule.
    Dj

6. Kevin DuCommun

Kevin DuCommun Developer Staff Member

Hello Jeff,

The updated version of the widget is now available for download

7. jeffdietz

It still doesn't work. Unless I have something set wrong that I can't find. www.luxuryfriscoweddings.com I replaced the widget and filled it out per usual, but the menu bar for the top right doesn't show up. Thoughts on how to fix it? And I do have it set to a black color with a white background, and it's just empty, you can't click on it, nothing.

8. DjHerold

Jeff, when I was playing with the new release I found some issues. I took these to the development team to check out. The team is taking a further look and are hoping to have a quick turn around.
    Nothing I can say but I apologize and will update you when I know the status.
    Dj

9. jeffdietz

Argghhhhh, I can't express more deeply how I need to get this site launched and up and working.

Do you have any suggestions of anything that I can use for the menu option in the time being that does currently work? It's mostly for when it gets down to the tablet and mobile size.

10. DjHerold

jeff, have you looked at the Nav widgets that used to be strictly for Tablet. There are a couple that are close.
    Like the tablet sidebar accordion. Fairly easy to manipulate and I actually like them better.
    Dj

11. jeffdietz

Ok I'll check. And they are all compatible?

12. DjHerold

jeff, when you say "compatible", I'm not sure what you're referring to.
    They have been updated to work in responsive. They actually are just a stylized composition widgets. But I like them.
    Dj

13. jeffdietz

yes to work with responsive.

14. DjHerold

Jeff, here's the bitter pill to swallow, and I honestly am not making excuses for us, since this really is an Adobe issue.
    Adobe hasn't really updated their own widgets to work as billed in responsive, so, when we take a widget like the composition widget, and stylize it, it's still build on the Adobe structure.
    So, when you say 'responsive', if you're asking will it work, yes, it will work. But if you're asking will the basic widgets Adobe provides shrink, scale, push up or down, my answer would be not yet. But having said this, responsive is a lot more work than just drag and drop. Most of us, myself included, thought that was how it worked, but I've found out that I can make just about anything work in responsive, but I have to manipulate and re arrange per break point no matter what I'm using (with some gallery and slideshow exceptions.).
    Probably not what you hoped to hear, but I'm just giving you my opinion, for what it's worth.
    Dj

15. jeffdietz

No, I've already had to realign everything per break. I dont' really mind that. It's widgets breaking your site and making it not function is what really puts me off. I just like things to work :). It does bug me when people release stuff that is so obvious that it still doesn't work. Makes me wonder if they even tested it. Know what I mean? So it's just frustrating when they say... yup we got it now. And then poof still doesn't work.

And still basic stuff that they haven't addressed like contact forms that aren't so open to getting spammed that they are a hot mess or that you have to put in an ugly and annoying Captcha. Almost every other competing website program like this has had this solved for a long time. Showit Sites for instance that I used before this had it solved over 5 years ago or more. Yea Adobe doesn't even act like it's on their list, despite everyone begging them for it for at least 2 years.

Yah know... stuff like that, ha.

I am also very curious if the coding of the responsive sites are reaching enough for the new google rules that require a 'mobile' version of your site in order to be ranked in google results?

16. jeffdietz