Solved Little issue for video background in Platform template

Discussion in 'Templates' started by giampaolo, Jan 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. giampaolo

giampaolo New Member

Hi.
    This is my first time with the Platform template (and the first template from yours).
    I have a little issue by switching the video background from the theme default to mine.
    Once uploaded the entire site (click here) the video background doesn't work, leaving visible just the pattern..

I followed the instructions uploading both mp4 and webm through: "file/add files to upload" Muse menu, which should brings them in to the "assets" folder..
    So I filled the widget as you can see in the screenshot attached below.

I premise I added an index page as a "work in progress" splash page which includes the same mp4 and webm shared with the template video background widget (as you can see here) and works correctly, but this time, using your "Videos -Fullscreen Backgrounds" widget.

May I forgot some of necessary configuration steps?
    Thank you and greetings from Italy!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
  2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

giampaolo, when you add the video file for upload, the name of the video should be what you type into the widget.
    It looks to me that you've added a prefix to the video name that's not necessary.
    It looks' like you've typed 'assets/bkg_0123_converted.mp4', when it should be bkg_0123_converted.mp4 (providing this is the video name).
    There is no need to associate the video to the assets panel.
    For example, I added a new video to the template, rain.mp4 and rain.webm. In the widget I simply typed rain.mp4 , Not assets/rain.mp4.
    The widget knows where to locate the folder/file for the playback.
    As a side note, always remember that Muse can get finicky about names, so always try to use simple names and stay away from special characters ect.
    Hope this helps
    Dj

giampaolo likes this.
  3. giampaolo

giampaolo New Member

I'll try, and thank you so much!

4. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.