Solved Litigation template

Discussion in 'Templates' started by Phankhi, Feb 23, 2016.

1. Phankhi

Phankhi Member

Hi
    I am using the latest Muse (2015.1). I keep getting error 400: no font found when I tried preview/view in browser/ftp or export to html. I have tried all the suggestions from Adobe support and now I wanted to see if yoy guys can help.
    I changed all fonts to Arial to avoid any typekit fonts. but when i tried to export html i see on bottom left of popup screen with a typekit icon (which I assume theres a typekit font being used). I wanted to ask is there a way I can determine where this typekit font is being used in the pages. I wanted to eliminate the typekit font and see if export to html works..

thanks for your help

Attached Files:

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Phankhi, what I'm going to suggest you do is place a support ticket (support>contact), because I think it might be easier for one of the team in support to guide you through what you're asking. This template uses a lot of different fonts and they can probably identify what you're seeing.
    When I preview in browser I don't get any error messages.
    Thanks
    Dj

3. Phankhi

Phankhi Member

Dj,
    You can probably preview without Error 400 issues because you might have the full typekit font library. I don't have access to the FULL typekit fonts only a limited few.
    It would be nice if Muse-themes design template that uses only the basic typekit fonts or any websafe fonts. Your new templates such as Frost/Pioneer also requires an upgrade to the full typekit fonts.
    I did get a response from your support,but it didnt help the cause. I changed all the fonts to Arial and still get the same error 400: no font available

Without upgrading to the full typekit fonts, your templates are useless at the moment.

4. DjHerold

Phankhi, I'm sorry you're having an issue, but most templates are designed to be a starting point where you can change the design to fit your brand.
    Since you are saying you've changed all the fonts, I need to know what you're procedure was. The error is indicating you may not have changed them all. If you could share with me your process it would help.
    Also, I'm just curious, if you have a Adobe subscription, you should have access to font kit just like the rest of us.
    Let me know
    Dj

5. Phankhi

Phankhi Member

Dj,
    thank you for your quick reply. I have a Teacher subscription for Adobe Typekit. see screenshot.
    Also i have attached screenshot that the font you use is not in my free typekit plan.
    What i did was just kept the home page and deleted all the others.
    First i went through the text fields (their states as well) that are highlighted (pinkish color) and changed them to Arial.
    I also did this for the master page. I also changed the text in all the widgets.
    I also went to EDIT-SELECT SAME TEXT FRAME and changed the fonts to Arial. Even though other fonts included in this template like NIMBUS SANS & MUSEO SLAB 100, I also changed them to Arial font.

Can you suggest anything else I can do? My only choice if I can't get this sorted is to upgrade my Free Typekit plan to the portfolio which I am hesitant to change as most of your other templates work perfectly.

Thank you again Dj

Phan

6. Matias

Matias Member

Hello,

Same problem here!!

I am using Pioneer template, and just tried the same Phankhi did before found this topic!
    At first I thought it was the unlucky only one with this disgusting error.

I manually replaced ALL THE FONTS of the template for: standard web fonts, adobe Typekit (included in my free plan),adobe edge fonts, I even uploaded web fonts, and no luck for me.

I even just erased all the pages and just have a project with only one and even replaced all the elements, just put my own text box and the problem stills there!! this is driving me nuts!

Is there any tip to avoid or fix that? Do you could solve it? If the soulution is to upgrade to a pro plan of typekit I could go for that, but I am afraid that this even could not work.

Hope you could help me out to fix it!

Best regards

7. DjHerold

Matias, can you be a bit more specific? Can you identify where the font resides? Or, like the user above mention , some kind of icon they were seeing?
    Anything might help. Screenshots of the page maybe.
    Dj

8. Matias

Matias Member

Hi DJHerold,
    I have just Exactly the same issues of the other user.

I have been quite clear, the missing font, as we said, is from adobe typekit. It were all replaced by:
    ( I copy again from my last message) standard web fonts, adobe Typekit (included in my free plan),adobe edge fonts, I even uploaded web fonts, and no luck for me.

Same screenshots as the other user. Do alreayd you solved his issue? I have just exactly the same error, sorry for being a bit repetitive, but i don't want to confuse you more.

9. DjHerold

Matias, as I suggested with the other poster, I have to recommend you place a support ticket (support>contact us).
    I am not able to duplicate your issue, so I have no way of knowing what you have changed or not changed from just telling me you've replaced the fonts. The fonts that are in the template, are there in the file, they can be seen by those even if they don't have the files on there computer. That is the beauty of web kits in the files. You may not be able to add more because you don't have them on your system, but that's a different story.
    It is difficult to discern you specific issue without a file to dissect. That you can provide in a support visit.
    Dj

10. Phankhi

Phankhi Member

dj
    this is the response from your support team below which doesnt help as I originally did all that without success.

Alex replied
    Feb 25, 12:13pm
    Hey Phan

Thanks for contacting us today! My name is Alex and I will be assisting you today.

I am afraid that the only way to do this is to ensure that all fonts are set to a basic dont and not a TypeKit font. make sure that there aren't forms using the TypeKit font, for example the different sending states for the form may be using the TypeKit font. Unfortunately there isn't exactly any easy way in which to work around this.

Please let us know if you have any further questions. We appreciate your feedback and support.

Thanks!

--

Alex Wiley
    Support / Screencast

support@musethemes.com

Matias likes this.
  11. Matias

Matias Member

The solution they offer is useless, tried all that.

:(

I feel like I should start again from scratch with other template... two days of work for nothing.

12. DjHerold

Matias / Phankhi, I'm sorry they weren'rt able to help. Most of the time it's because we don't have enough info. In all fairness, we can't just be told "it's broke, or I did everything" , there is often things we all don't know is happening.
    I'm going to talk to each of you off line, let's see if what I offer works.
    Dj

13. Matias

Matias Member

Hi guys,

I get it solved,

Problem was that there was a missing font hidden in the menu for the narrow resolutions, the problem before, is that I think that when you select all and erase it in the master page, it does not mean that is deleting the content for narrow resolutions, and it was the missing font .
    Since it was a master page, it was always present in every page, so the error was appearing always because of it.

I am so happy now, since the problem was easy to fix but very hard to find, hope it can help to others, and also I suggest to develope themes with standard fonts included in the basic plan to avoid problems such this one.

14. Teddyta

Teddyta Member

Hey Matias, you are very lucky man, I found it it whole day but still no idea where' the font hide, Can you share any exprience to me?