Limit number of images showing from a photoset

Discussion in 'Mumblr' started by whitelaw, Dec 30, 2015.

1. whitelaw

whitelaw New Member

Trying to set up a portfolio page using tumblr image posts and mumblr. I'd like a tile like page with only the first image from each photoset (tumblr post) showing. Then more could be in the lightbox just like the current functionality. Any ideas?

2. Norman Durkee

Norman Durkee Well-Known Member Moderator

3. whitelaw

whitelaw New Member

Sort of, and I already tried that I think. If I am understanding your example, that is a regular post with the body limited to approximately 256 characters which happens to correspond to the image in the body if it is the embedded at the start of the body. But then when you click on it, it shows up as formatted as a text post in the light box with scrolling instead of a slideshow type light box. Plus, tumblr recommends against using text posts as images and in fact I can't even embed an image in a text post from their iPhone app. So it is a bit of a non-standard work-around I think.

Really, I'd just like an option in MUMBLR to limit the number of images that show up from a photoset post on the gallery layout.

4. smashley

smashley Member

5. smashley

smashley Member

... apparently I'm not as dumb as I sound online. I figured it out :)

6. Nikbarlow

Nikbarlow Member

Did you manage to limit the number of photos Tumblr displays? I am trying to do the same if you wouldnt mind replying. Thanks

7. Nikbarlow

Nikbarlow Member

8. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Nik, I would suggest starting a new post when you have an old thread or change the topic of a thread.
    It will help get your question visability.
    Thanks
    Dj