Solved Lightroom, Flickr, Muse Integration

Discussion in 'General Muse' started by Joe Santacroce, Dec 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Santacroce

Joe Santacroce Member

(Sorry I posted this elsewhere by mistake as a conversation)

Hi,

I am building a site with over 900 photos. I have them all done in Adobe LightRoom and I wanted to also upload them to a Flickr Site and a FaceBook Site (Special Interest Group related to my father-in-law's time in WW2).

Looking at the Flickr Widget that would be perfect but it said recommended to 10 photos. That won't cut it and I plan to create several albums but not 90.

Can anyone recommend an eloquent and easy to maintain solution (no code please) that would allow me to manage the photos in LightRoom which already allows me to push them to FB and Flickr, and then have the Website pick them up from one of those sites (Or Google Drive or Dropbox).

Many thanks and Happy New Year,

Joe..

ps: Prefer Thumbnail\Lightbox look and feel as well as responsive.

2. Jeremei

Jeremei Well-Known Member

3. Joe Santacroce

Joe Santacroce Member

Jeremei,

Thank you for the suggestion. There is a little more work here than originally planned but the end result would be what I want. The 900+ photos will be static. They are 75 years old (Taken during WWII) and I will not be adding and removing so I look at it as a one time setup. I have a Google Drive account and I can easily create and upload both thumbnails and files so building the template spreadsheet I don't see as more than an initial unexpected annoyance.

My only other concerns would be the number of files in an individual gallery with regard to performance if I keep file size down (They are all B&W and I can keep them to say 1024x768. Plus they are very mixed portrait and landscape. As far as other albums for different locations I could probably just incorporate additional Galleries.

I then have to figure out the best way to keep all sites in sync\order if possible with regard to albums and photos (Web, Flickr, Google Drive, FB). I am still thinking this all through but I'm thinking this could work without too much work as long as there are no surprises along the way.

Thanks again

4. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Joe, as Jeremei suggested, the gallery connect widget is one of the best options, but I don't believe that Steve (on the video) was saying you couldn't go higher than 10 images. I believe that he was stating that for that demonstration it was the best.
    If I'm not mistaken, you can go close to 500 images with Flickr.
    Again, load time is always impacted by gallery size, but not as much with off site collections.
    Dj

5. Joe Santacroce

Joe Santacroce Member

DjHerold,

Thanks for the additional info. I think what I will do is run some tests with a couple albums with X number of images in each and see how it goes. I'll try both the Flickr and Gallery and the Gallery-Connect and see what works best and easy enough to manage across multiple platforms. I've already set up the Flickr, Google Drive, Basic Website, and Lightroom Connections needed.

I have been a MuseThemes (paid) subscriber for about two years now and manage a couple of different informational websites and I've always found some solution and appreciate all the help and suggestions.

Joe..

6. Thomas Szewczuk

Thomas Szewczuk New Member

I was wondering how all this worked out. I too have a WWII web site. Thousand of images, Rss feeds, u-tube links and historical data links. I want too upgrade my site (http://tomswarbirds.com) to be responsive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.