Solved Lightbox question for the Musefolio theme

Discussion in 'Templates' started by Rick Gibson, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Rick Gibson

Rick Gibson Member

When you scroll down there are three images and they are titled Images, Videos and Web Design. When you click on these either an image or a video or an HTML div pops up. Is there a video that you can suggest that shows how to use this? I can't see how you link it.

2. Norman Durkee

Norman Durkee Well-Known Member Moderator

Are you referring to how to change the the content of what pops up in the light box when you click each icon?

3. Rick Gibson

Rick Gibson Member

yes, that is what I am talking about.

4. Norman Durkee

It is a simple editing of the lightbox which can be difficult to understand at first but once you get the hang of it all lightboxes will be no problem for you to master. Ive added step by step photo's to hopefully help.

Select the image/item you would like to edit. For this demonstration I will use the "Images" panel.

Step 1: Open the flyout panel with the blue arrow and on the bottom turn on "Show lightbox parts while editing"

The lightbox will appear but we want to move it off canvas so we can see what were working with so then

Step 2: Double click the lightbox ( the orange square) to select the lightbox.

Step 3: With the lightbox selected hold down " shift " and click the X close button.

This will ensure that when we move them in the next step they both move together and stay in the same position when the lightbox is used, however do note that the X will appear wherever you position it.

Step 4: Hold down " shift " and click and drag the lightbox off the canvas. It does not matter where the lightbox is on the canvas as it will still appear the same on the screen when you open it in a browser.

Step 5: Triple click the photo or content within the lightbox. Now that the image is selected within the lightbox you are free to change it via the fill options on the toolbar.

I hope this helps @Rick Gibson, please feel free to ask if you have anymore questions.

Kindest Regards,
    -Norman

MuseFulio Lightbox Step 1.png MuseFulio Lightbox Step 2&3.png MuseFulio Lightbox Step 4&5.png

5. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Rick, first let me thank Norman for providing all the info he has shown. His method is certainly a good way to go with this task. To add one thing to what he described, when you have your image selected (as in Normans step 5), you can also right click and choose replace image.
    I'd like to expand a bit so you can get a bit more out of our site and training. We have a great bit of information in our new Knowledge Based Articles, and be sure to watch the Video in our Video section called "Galleries 101 Essential Training. In the second half of the video, Steve shows how to work with composition widgets such as the one you are working with.
    Thanks again to Norman, and I hope this information will help you.
    Dj

Norman Durkee likes this.
  6. Norman Durkee

Alex Wiley and Rick Gibson like this.
  7. Rick Gibson

Rick Gibson Member

Thanks Norman, and Dj! That helped.
    I have a question about creating a popup using the lightbox. Can I create the content page (div) and then assign it to more than one link?
    Is there anyway to do this maybe without the lightbox control?

8. DjHerold

Rick, I apologize, but I'm not totally getting what you asking.
    Is there an example or a link to another site that has what you're looking for?
    Dj

9. Rick Gibson

Rick Gibson Member

I will try.
    Let's say you have a lightbox composition with one image or in my case - a popup of HTML elements, as with the "Web Design" icon.
    Now let's say I want that same popup of HTML elements to be used more than once. Like maybe connected to a menu item or just a link.
    Do I have to recreate the HTML elements for each link?
    Or can I have an existing "Div" that I can assign a link to?

10. DjHerold

Rick, I think I'm understanding now ( i hope). I don't know of a way to set up a trigger in a composition widget (like your 'Web Design icon), and also have 'another trigger' outside the composition (ie a button, link or menu item) that can access the same 'Target' of the composition widget.
    What you could do (it's a bit different but accomplishes the task) create a new page with your content, style it up how you want it, and have it accessed by using our 'Pop up Windows' widget.
    Although you aren't triggering it to grab a specific target in a composition, you can have as many links to it as you want.
    Dj