Lightbox navigation covers video play buttons. User can't play videos.

Discussion in 'Media Pro Gallery' started by spyder, Jun 22, 2016.

1. spyder

spyder Well-Known Member

Hi there, I'm using version 1.4 of Media Pro Gallery and I am currently working on a site where the gallery has 3 photo galleries and 1 video gallery. I've selected 'lightbox navigation' so the users can easily go to the 'next' and 'previous' images in the photo galleries as it is annoying to click on each thumbnail separately. The issue I'm having is that when I select a video in the video gallery, the video appears in the lightbox, and when I go to click the 'play' button, the 'previous' navigation area (the 'back' arrow and the semi-transparent background behind the arrow) appears directly over the 'play' button, so I can't actually play the video, it just navigates to the previous video in my gallery. The user can't play the videos, which is frustrating, of course. I don't see any other settings to fix this. The lightbox navigation is great for photo galleries but the video gallery is an issue. I've set the lightbox type to 'fullscreen' and 'large' and it's the same issue. A link to this is here (I'm hosting the site-in-progress on my server for now): http://www.spyderbaby.com/ev/gallery.html

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Spyder, I am away from my desktop at the moment, but on my Galaxy Note 5 I tested your site and I'm able to use the lightbox to advance through the videos, and play them.
    Is it happening on everything for you?
    Dj

3. spyder

spyder Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply, Dj. The issue happens on laptops and desktops and some tablets (I've been using Chome's Deveoper Tools to test various devices), On mobiles it seems fine because the Play button for the videos is displayed in the middle of the video screen, whereas on laptop, desktops and some tablets the Play button is displaying bottom left, where the navigation/arrow appears over. I'm using Vimeo videos for this client. So it's fine on mobiles, I should have mentioned that in the original post. I just changed the lightbox to 'medium' instead of fullscreen, so sometimes you can touch the very end of the Play button which isn't under the navigation. But most people go to click the Play button on their laptops and it goes to the previous button because the nav is there.

4. DjHerold

spyder, I see what you mean. I'll let the developers know this.
    Thanks for the heads up.
    Dj

5. spyder

spyder Well-Known Member

Hi Dj,
    I just wanted you to know that I realized that the issue is just with Vimeo videos. My client wanted to display her YouTube videos instead of Vimeo and YouTube has their 'play' button in the middle, so that issue is only with Vimeo. Cheers.

6. Jean Simard

Jean Simard New Member

Is there a way to customise the lightbox layout in this media pro gallery?

Like the button position, style, size...

7. DjHerold

Jean, could you post a screen shot of what you'd like to change?
    Dj

8. Jean Simard

Jean Simard New Member

I'd like to customise the way I want to show the icon in this template like this one.

Thanks

upload_2017-5-21_9-44-38.png

9. DjHerold

Jean, at this time there isn't that level of customization for this widget.
    I suggest trying out our gallery connect widget to get something like that with a media pro look.
    Dj