Solved Issue With Multiple Instances

Discussion in 'Pushy Panes' started by Element1, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Element1

Element1 Member

Hi there.

I love the widget and really hope I'm going to be able to use it for this project. I can get one working beautifully. I've tried both duplicating that first one, renaming the instance (from Pane1) in both parent and child controller, renaming all of the graphic styles (parent, child, open, close), confirmed I haven't applied a style to the controllers, confirmed that the new graphic styles are applied to the objects in the second instance, previewed in the Muse preview and in browser, and the second instance just doesn't work period.

I started trying to figure out what the issue was in a brand new site as suggested elsewhere and creating the second instance on a second page in isolation. It doesn't work there, either. My original issue (in the actual project) was slightly different. In that case, I got the second one working on the same page as the first, but when I clicked the second open button, both the first and second panes came out, stacked, so that when i closed the second pane, the first fly-out pane was still there and had to be closed.

I'm using 1.1 in Adobe Muse 2015.1.2.44, on a MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite v10.10.5. I've attached screenshots of my original issue and the second issue + graphic styles and panel settings. original issue- 2 panes triggered by 2nd button.png second pane parent settings.png original issue- 2 panes triggered by 2nd button.png second pane child settings.png second pane graphic styles.png First Pane Working.png Second Pane Not Opening.png ,

2. Norman Durkee

Norman Durkee Well-Known Member Moderator

Hey @Element1 , my apologies about your troubles with this widget, this particular widget can be very sensitive when using multiple instances on the same page. From what you said you have tried to isolate one of the Panes on its own page and it still did not work? With this Widget spelling is very important to insure everything is pulling the proper content. If the button is opening both panes that tells me they are not being properly named separately or the graphics style is not being "redefined" after you alter it. Again my apologies I would start getting a single pane working the way you want it and then on a new page get a new Pushy Panes functioning was you would like it, then when its finally working copy and paste that second version into the original page.

Element1 likes this.
  3. Element1

Element1 Member

Hi there-

Thank you for your prompt reply. I did that after posting this (again, with a completely new site, new widgets etc.). Both panes, while on separate pages worked. :)

Then I copied the second pane onto the first page with the first widget, and they both worked (yay), but my original issue returned- the second button pulled both the first fly-out pane and the second one. I changed the second one to fly-in from the bottom rather than the right, and both still pulled on the second button. I tried moving the items around on the page (I thought it might be a proximity/click range issue). I triple checked all the spelling and that the graphic style assignments are correct.

The one thing that I hadn't done was methodically redefine all the graphic styles...after i did that, they both worked perfectly. THANK YOU!!!! You've saved me many hours of frustration.

4. Norman Durkee

Norman Durkee Well-Known Member Moderator

Haha well I am happy to hear its worked for you! I to have had some long hours working with this widget and have discovered a few tricks to getting it to work properly, that particular trick was a life saver ;).

Element1 likes this.