Is receiving comments in mumblr an option?

Discussion in 'Mumblr' started by Ritchieb, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Ritchieb

Ritchieb Active Member

I have seen this question been asked a couple of times. Is this possible? Now you can only have blogs posted but on most blogs people have the ability to leave a comment on a post. I have read that on tumblr itself it is possible through disqus. So maybe this is also possible with Mumblr?

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Ritchieb, at this time, the Mumblr widget doesn't allow for comments from visitors.
    If I understand correctly, the widget was designed (from user suggestions) to allow the blog posts to be seen (as informational), so a user didn't need to navigate away from the designers page but still could read what's being posted.
    The ability of leaving comments is something that many users such as yourself have suggested be added. Our developers have been given this information and hopefully will let us know if this is something that can be accomplished.
    Thank you for the suggestion.
    Dj

3. Sarah

Sarah Well-Known Member

I am using Disqus on another platform (Webflow) and it works really well. It's an HTML embed so it might well work in Muse with Mumbler.

4. Kara

Kara Member

Hello there. I'm wondering if there is any more info/experience in using Disqus with Mumblr since this thread. I have a client who wants me to set up a blog for her and needs the commenting functionality available for each post she writes. I'm having trouble finding information about these two items working together to provide her with a viable solution. Thank you for your help.

5. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Kara, at this time thee has been no change in combining the two widgets.
    I personally use our article connect for any blogging / magazine style pages I set up. This also allow using Disqus with it.
    Not being a big Tumblr user, I'm not sure if they have some suggestions from their side.
    Sorry
    Dj