Dismiss Notice
FORUM SHUTDOWN NOTICE: Due to inactivity and the end-of-life of Adobe Muse, we've made the decision to shut down and archive our forum as of Oct 28, 2020. Be sure to check out our new website creation tool Without Code (www.wocode.com) - thanks again for your support!

Solved Is it possible to have a form pop-up after clicking submit?

Discussion in 'General Muse' started by ashley@howlcreations, Mar 16, 2016.

1. I have a client who is a dog rescue. We were able to create an adoption application form which has made their operations so much smoother. However, often people email them asking if they got the email yet. Our idea was to have it so once the form submits a very obvious popup comes up with the message that they got the application and will respond in 48 hours. Is this possible?

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Ashley, a lot of our widgets have a submitted response already in them.
    I believe they all or at least most can be edited.
    Dj

3. Where after they click "submit" the response appears in a pop up? So the user has to click "ok" to close it?

4. Norman Durkee

Norman Durkee Well-Known Member Moderator

Hey @ashley@howlcreations , what platform are you using to create the submittal form? I personally use JotForm and they have a very customizable "thank you" page for after you submit your form, I have attached a photo demonstrating the functionality of the Thank You page. It will not appear in a new popup but should appear within the same pop up you put HTML code into.

JotForm Thank You.jpg

ashley@howlcreations likes this.
  5. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Capture.JPG Ashley, Norman is correct but we also have a whole lot of normal to fancy forms that are in our library. If you look at the attchment I have, you can see, in this example the Classic Form, that there are two boxes near the submit button. They look empty but they contain two messages. One is 'form received' and the other is 'server has encountered an issue'.
    Most form have something like this, and most can be edited to some degree.
    Dj

6. Sidders

Sidders Member

Hey Ashley. With all my forms I create the page and then duplicate it calling it contact thanks. Then you edit that page and make the form redirect to is using the after form submit button and you can make it say anything you like including 'thanks for your message we'll be back to you shortly'

Hope that helps a bit.

7. This is great, or having a thank you page after might work too. Thank you everyone!

8. iVivivd

iVivivd New Member

Can you let me know how to do this? As my submit button doesn't seem to let me add a hyperlink so I'm missing something?

9. Sidders

Sidders Member

In the form options there is a box that says 'after submission' and you can either choose stay on current page or a different page. Just choose your 'contact thanks' page or whatever you called it.

I've often thought this would actually be a good way to create a survey - just link pages together using forms.

iVivivd likes this.